Hello, Tony here. I came across EndMyopia back in March 2020. I don’t even remember how. I think at some point I just got fed up with:
- fogging glasses in the winter
- seeing through oily finger smudges
- glasses sliding down the nose while running/chasing the dog
- accidentally knocking your glasses off while attempting impressive dance moves (pre-covid)
- unable to see while swimming
- glasses falling off while taking yoga classes
- eye irritation from contact lenses
- flipping helmet shield up to adjust glasses then flipping helmet shield down every 10 minutes on the motorcycle
Glasses aren’t all bad though, I like how it accessorizes my face, and whenever I clean my glasses I wonder how much of this nasty gunk would have ended up in my eyes if it weren’t for this magnificent shield.
What stopped me from starting sooner wasn’t because I didn’t trust Jake or the Endmyopia community. Quite the opposite, it clicked for me the moment I started reading Jake’s posts. What stopped me was that I knew I was a lost cause.
I have a confession to make: I really really enjoy close up activities. I didn’t think I could commit to improving my vision because I didn’t want to give up my existing routine.
But after months of consistent exposure to the Endmyopia community I have become more aware of how much I have changed my life to accommodate glasses and how much unnecessary crap I have been putting up with every day.
So after 8 months of circling the pool, I am finally ready to jump in and improve my vision!