Any of you guys use 2 Snellen charts to account for lighting variables? And if so

So I have two Snellen charts. One outside on the balcony that gets a ton of natural light and one in a big dimly lit room with garage lights. I measure consistently so that’s not the problem.

Thing is, My normalized outside on the balcony will give 20/30 to 20/25, and even today, where I did a 3-hour bicycle trip, measured again this afternoon and I was more towards 20/20 to 20/25 even during dusk.

To those that do this or even simply just use a Snellen chart outside how do you determine when it’s appropriate to reduce your normalized?. I’m not planning on reducing anytime soon but if I’m getting 20/20 to 20/25 on a normalized pair standing outside I feel that that simply is not enough of a blur challenge, especially if I’m going to be doing AF mostly outside

Just to elaborate on what I previously said, my current normalized give me 20/20 in my right eye (i mistakenly ordered them based on an overprescription) and only my left eye gets any blur challenge. This is good, so far that I have a reference point for what my left eye should be and today after the 3-hour bike ride honestly the blur challenge felt more like having a -0.125D difference a week ago this was not the case.

Also, I don’t have lens-induced myopia I have pseudomyopia, never wore my glasses for close-up, ever. I understand that this means my reduction should go at a faster rate and maybe I’m simply improving, although I really don’t want to be too naive and just assume this. Anyone here had the same experience as me ?

1 Like

This is a great podcast and Jake shares a lot of insight in this one.
Topics of interest:
How to know when you’re ready to make a reduction + resolving double vision.
Using the Snellen properly.
Whether Jake still does active focus or not.
Peripheral vision.
The last diopter
70% Better Eyesight In 18 Months?! (Dan: -5.25 To -1.50) | Shortsighted Podcast | Jake Steiner - YouTube

Use the timestamps for reference

3 Likes