Anyone else had their eye "pop" during active focus?

Today my left eye released some ciliary spasm, and it “popped” a few times. The effect is similar to what you see when you first put in a contact right after you blink out the extra liquid and it gets squished out. I’m not sure if it’s the cornea or the lens, but it felt good and the vision improved. I had it happen a few times today during my walk. Definitely not the first time, but the first time in a while.

A one else had this? Any idea what causes it?

Also, I seem to mostly get active focus in one eye at time. They alternate. Rarely both at the exact same time, at least not to equal degrees. I think this may be due to the two different lens powers in each eye. Hopefully once I equalize it’ll happen more in both eyes at the same time.

Up to now, the right dominated in AF for years, and the left lagged. With the latest glasses it’s getting better.

Note, my diopter ratio is shrinking as I increase the lens power. The 0.25 is constant, but it’s an ever smaller proportion of the total power.

3 Likes

A few rare times in the past, I would feel a strange click in my left eye while distance focusing. Actually, click, is probably too strong a word, but I can’t really describe that weird sensation. Nonetheless, I came to realize the click was desirable because it was always followed by very clear vision in that eye. Unfortunately, it never lasted long, just a few minutes. I have no idea what caused it. This Is purely a guess, but maybe a release of ciliary muscle spasm? It also hasn’t happened again since 6 or 9 months ago. My left eye has always improved faster than my right eye. It has also never happened for my right eye. But I think my left eye has improved without the click too.

For the first month i had this persistent twitch in my non dominant eye ever since starting EM. It felt like an eyelid twitch, but there was no motion on my eyelid. It seems to have subsided lately.