Are we all mad here?

So, I had to do a psych test for employment-related reasons.
A lot of the questions were clearly worrying, like “Sometimes someone blocks my thoughts”, “There is a conspiracy against me”, “Someone is reading my mind”, “I can sometimes read other people’s minds”, “My drug use causes me problems at work”…
And then these came up. What to answer?! :laughing: :sweat_smile:

Psych 2 Psych 1

15 Likes

I sometimes wonder. :crazy_face:
I hope you answered False on these…

2 Likes

I also had a test for “start-up suitability” and there’s definitely some madness involved.

2 Likes

They are definitely presuming that you have an overcorrected glasses (if you have glasses) so all of these can only be related to some illness :slight_smile: If I would fill it then I would set “false” for both of them.

2 Likes

Very odd questions for a psych test aren’t they?

Or are these symptoms of a psychological condition? I’m completely ignorant of such things, happily!

Is myopia psychological? That could finally explain the clear flashes from multiple diopter correction people. Joking here of course.

5 Likes

There are case reports where people with multiple personality disorder had different amount of myopia in different personality. If I remembered correctly measured with autorefractor, so cheating was not even an option. It was discussed somewhere in this forum too, though I’m not sure if there was a separate topic or not.

4 Likes

Here it is again. You might be on the right trail for explaining such questions.

6 Likes

Hopefully I’m the Doc Brown kind of mad scientist, not the Victor Frankenstein type.

1 Like

.55 clinically significant changes for the control subjects.

Oh now there’s a rabbit hole…

1 Like

Yes, as interesting for the controls as for the MPD subjects. Could this have been the result of their role playing, or was it just random variation - interesting in either case.

3 Likes

Anybody who’s ever been drunk could reply at least “slightly true” to both questions :blush:

4 Likes

It could be a double fake to see if you are a liar. I did a test once that asked if someone accidentally mailed me $1.00 in cash, would I pay for postage and an envelope and go through the trouble of mailing it back. I answered NO! I got the job.

1 Like

Can’t read minds, but some people are very predictable and accuse me of reading their minds.

4 Likes