Are you lurking in the le meow background

From time to time a person comes out to ask a question and they say they have been around for awhile but dont say anything. So I just wanted to invite those standing quietly by to say hello so we can interact with our more introverted le meow members!
Add a line and tells us your there

6 Likes

Hahaha thats me kind of, Ive known about Em since I believe 2017 and joined the forum in 2019, but after failed attempts and not having the right opportunity, i haven’t made any progress.
My knowledge of Em is also basic, I know the foundations in the method and in improving eyesight, but Im not too engrossed with Em and I dont know the complexities of eyeballs I just know what I need to do, since knowing everything and anything about Em really isnt going to benefit me.
Some of you know the complexities of the eyeballs and the technical aspects, so in the forums its hard to engage in them. So I just lurk around time to time, when the forum is interesting or if I have a question or if i can answer some of the questions.

3 Likes

Maybe just start a journal and a goal. You dont have to know the specific terms to know what to do. My goal was 3 months at a time I set out a plan and it changed along the way but it really helps to keep me inspired by having my journal. And you don’t even need to be technical in your own journal.
Thanks for putting your name out there. I know there are others.

1 Like

Hi @Jenn, I guess I am one of those lurkers you’re talking about :slight_smile:
I stopped writing in the forum I few months ago, I felt like I wasn’t always positive in here and I wasn’t contributing much anyway.

Tbh I’m still struggling with my EM journey, I can’t do AF and my cm measurements went a litte down, from 35-36 to 33 on average, I got a pair of -2.75 to address that (there’s almost no difference between left and right eye).

I still have an open-air job and spend the majority of my time outside, no more than a couple of hours per day of screen time and always with my diff.

Idk probably some people are just naturally inclined to being nearsighted and take some extra time to reverse it.

I hope summer will help and I’ll get that AF eventually :wave:

3 Likes

I thought you had found it?! I hope you have success with that soon!!

BTW, hang in there with us.

Kent

1 Like

I also thought I had it, but probably they were just clear flashes, I still have those from time to time

2 Likes

Well, like I’ve said 1000 times before, it’s not magic. Working it even in an area the size of a large room is enough until you “get” it.

You’ll find it; you may even already have it and not really realize it.

2 Likes

I thought of a couple other techniques I have used.

Find something that’s a few meters away, say 20-30, that’s large-ish. Pretend that you don’t know how far away it is; so you change your focus from further to nearer to further, and eventually settle on the object. We have designer grates or grilles around our apartment complex, because these have vertical, horizontal and crossing diagonal elements, they’re perfect for making sure you’re not focusing in one plane or another.

A second thing is, find things that are less contrasty. Sometimes the contrast (a shiny metal sign) is too much and fools your eyes and brain into thinking you don’t need to clear it up. Look for something like a tree behind and offset from another, closer tree. Try to see if you can distinguish between the leaves on the nearer tree from the further tree. If some of the leaves at the edge on either tree go in or out of focus (or even just change a little bit), then you’ll know you got it. That’s all you need. Just get that ciliary muscle(s) working.

Again, good luck.

Kent

1 Like

Well glad to see you are still hanging in there. It is always a personal journey. But I didnt feel like really did any AF while wearing glasses so I took mine off to see things get more clear. That seemed to help me to get through the dioptors and at less than 2 now I notice more AF with glasses on.

Thanks for the tips and the encouragement, I’ll make sure to try out what Kent suggested and try to get the ciliary to move.
Other than that it’s time, effort and a bit of patience, I belive there are people on the forum who took even longer to get to AF.

2 Likes

You have 2 options in this journey wear glasses for the rest of your life or spend whatever time you need to see 20/20.
That way I see it working towards 20/20 makes life so much better. -3 down to -1.75 in less than year can be done. But even at the low range each .25 makes a big quality of life change.

1 Like

Yes lurking here too. Largely because I had made very little progress, and we’re in lockdown so the time spent outside in daylight is negligible. Instead I’m on the laptop almost all day, which is a tremendous strain on the eyes in the long run…

3 Likes

Well it would be great to hear where you started and are now. Maybe it can help
@Yurixmark

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile: I’m a lurker. I only discovered Endmyopia 12 weeks ago after I was “prescribed” -6.25/-6.00 SPH with -2.25/-2.00 CYL in February, and told that I now have presbyopia. I had a huge initial improvement and now I get 20/20 or 20/30 with my -4.50 SPH, -2.00 CYL glasses, depending on screen-time or how well I’ve slept. I’ve bought about a dozen pairs of cheap specs in this time - I definitely went too far with reducing my normalized recently, but I think I’m getting the hang of things now. I only lurk because I find that all my questions are already answered - I am quite overwhelmed by the brilliantness of Endmyopia - such a wealth of information and experience. If only I’d had Endmyopia 30 years ago!

5 Likes

That is quite a jump! It sounds like a good story to tell. We like good reads here, even if we shouldn’t be looking close up! LoL
Thanks for sharing in quite corner.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m lurking… only been here a week or so, though. Haven’t got round to uploading a picture, as required, which is why I’ve not yet written an introduction.

Usual story : glasses getting progressively stronger. Now -4.75 each side. Work full-time staring at computer. I had realised long ago that wearing full prescription at computer was a bad idea, but I was just using an older distance pair of glasses which are probably still too strong. Just waiting for my first pair of differentials to arrive at the moment.

I recently found an old pair of pinhole glasses from when I dabbled a few years ago. So that’s fun. (Probably) more later.

1 Like

Welcome Hope to see you start a journal!

1 Like

I have faded to lurker, probably because I discovered EM in the fall and winters are dark here, I couldn’t expect any progress really. I would have liked to spend my lockdown improving, but probably too much tv time, even with the screen far away and good blur challenge. It’s just not like being outside, a screen is not dynamic and staring definitely doesn’t engage the eyes!
Uhg, well, I don’t think I’ve gotten worse, and I’m still loving my cyl free lenses. I feel freer knowing how to measure my eyes and not feeling trapped by the ‘special numbers’ the doc gave me, scared of breaking my one pair of glasses and not wanting to have to use the new ‘prescription’ that is somehow stronger even when I see great with the old pair! What a scam.
I just gotta get off the computer…

3 Likes

Yes not needing an optometrist is very freeing. I always dreaded some old guys face breathing on me when I knew I didnt need a new prescription because I couldnt see but just because I was over wearing my contacts and it had been more than a year and I was running out of lenses.
I dont recall your specific dioptors but hopefully now you will be able to get outside or at least enjoy some sunshine. Glad you gave us a hello I’m still here. :+1:

1 Like

After getting my differentials and working on AF, I noticed an improvement from -5.25 to -5.00 but that may have been merely the release of ciliary spasm. Ever since then it has stalled. I suspect it’s because I’m not actually effectively doing active focus…

1 Like