Astigmatism and cyl

When I look at an object, and move my head to look at it through different angles, I realize that I have blur in many directions and clear in others, when I move my head left to right, it blurs at one angle, clears at the next, then blurs at the next then next angle then clear again?
Is this normal astigmatism or something alarming?
Most of these problems usually happen in the top area of my visual field, I also see double vision, ghosted images, and sometimes round lights look round in all sides, but the top of the round object will look bit longer, basically it gets distorted at the top?
So are these normal for astigmatism, or something more serious, and do a vision training app like I found someone suggesting it on endmyopia forum, do they work for correcting astigmatism?

When I wear glasses with my .25 power, this problem I mentioned doesn’t happen, does it happen to you guys

Sounds like normal astigmatism - or not even astigmatism just deterioration of the eyesight. It’s not that your eyes suddenly “flip” from zero to -0.25D and then from -0.25D to -0.5D. It happens gradually. Some parts of your eyes are already at the next diopter, some parts are still trying to clear the blur…

Keep using and moving your eyes. If all you need is -0.25D SPH, make sure you spend enough times outdoors and you raise your eyes to watch things at greater distances. Greater means more than at least 10 meters but more is better.
An office worker or a student may spend 99% of their time looking within 6 meters. Even worse, watching phone screens within 45cms.

If you are unsure if this is normal, go and get a check up from an opto.

2 Likes