Astigmatism app screenshots for computer use

So I have made a few screenshots (hopefully of good quality) from the Astigmatism app for using on a computer as I’m not fond of finding good excuses to use my phone. Thought I’d share, and keep them organized here.

Circle
Dark

Light

Cross I
Light

Dark

Multi I
Light

Dark

Multi II
Light

Dark

3 Likes

I’m not familiar with the app. Are these images meant for evaluation of astigmatism or some type of exercise?

They are meant as exercises of sorts, yes. An astigmatic person will see some kind of blur or distortion in particular places, and they can active focus on them. There is no evidence that it is beneficial for resolving astigmatism but it seems like it could be.

See this thread for details on the app and how some people use it:

2 Likes

Very cool! I did the same thing months ago and cast them onto my TV most everyday. Also, someone posted an image with a list of phrases in this community with white text on black that I cast too. I can’t say how much it’s helped, but I was having very quick results before my cataract popped up.

1 Like

Levels are set wrong. I think I can fix my convergence insufficiency starting with the most dark slides, relaxing my eyes by holding a pencil in one hand and waiting the center of the image to clear up. Easiest results when patching.
I have rendered and animated in a video editing software 2 balls for each eye to help my amblyopia (10% brightness for the good eye) by observing both objects. Inspired by this: How Vivid Vision Works