Astigmatism Drop Non-dominant eye progress

After going through multiple bifocal spherical reductions I wanted to work on my astigmatism. I had reached the correction OD -6.00D SPH -1.00D CYL 70 axis, OS -4.25D SPH -0.75D CYL 110 axis which is 1 D less than my original correction. I slashed 0.50 D of CYL from both the eyes and I have worn my normalised for almost 3 months. I will have to check the Snellen to find the acuity. My dominant eye has achieved clarity but there is a tiny amount of blur in my non-dominant eye. Is this expected or am I off the track?

1 Like

To be expected, can you clear the blur with AF?
How long did it take you to reach the 1D total reduction?

If you have a tiny amount of blur you’re on the right track but definitely check the Snellen chart for your acuity for each individual eye before reducing again.

2 Likes

Really tiny, that too if the font size is very small. But it is clear in binocular vision.

I noticed it recently. I normally don’t try monocular active focus. I took more than a year to reduce 1D. I have had four normalised till date.

I think during astigmatism drops we can’t achieve clarity instantly by doing active focus. However, the practice of Active Focus helps in getting it right at a later point in time. I felt that this drop was different than a spherical drop.

2 Likes

I tried clearing a relatively bigger font than the size I am having trouble with, and I found that I am able to clear it. I guess I need to consciously engage in AF to clear the rest of the blur.

https://community.endmyopia.org/t/from-no-glasses-to-20-20-last-diopter-land/12919/29

1 Like