L: -3.25 / -0.5
R: -3.25 / -1

First phase I dropped -1/2D SPH and I arrived at

L: -2.75 / -0.5
R: -2.75 / -0.75

Now I’m reducing the astigmatism and my normalized are:

L: -2.75 / 0
R: -2.75 / 0

In other words I dropped the cylinder COMPLETELY in the 2nd round.

My diffs are down to -1 pure SPH in both eyes.

In the day I see 20/20 with my normalized.
At night I would say it’s about 20/40.
Text is much clearer than objects.

So I have three burning questions:

Q1:
Since I dropped CYL in both left and right eye, any patching needed for astigmatism since left eye sees better than the right?

Q2:
Has anyone dropped similar amount of astigmatism and if so, how long did it take you for this amount? I’ve had my normalized for about 2 months now.

Q3:
When watching TV (using older diffs of -1.5), I notice the subtitles are doubled. After a while the doubling goes away and the whole tv image clears up. Is this what is called double vision? Or is this because of the astigmatism?

thank you !

I’m not sure about dropping astigmatism without reductions. I had .50 cyl right eye. It was never addressed with contacts. When I started EM is when I began to actually wear glasses full time. I checked the astigmatism wheel and I could see the difference the .50 cyl made. If you haven’t looked at the wheel just check out some posted in the forum in the search function.
I checked the wheel from time to time and noted the difference in the color of the lines. They began to get slowly less noticable. I recently sropped the last .25 cyl and even though the dioptor is the same I am able to get blur just by getting rid of cyl. So in my experience I was glad I went through reductions rather than drop it all together. Wearing contacts cyl free for over 20 years never made the astigmatism go away.

3 Likes

@Jenn thank you for your feedback and experience. I have not found a good astigmatism test yet. I tried these spoke lines but I can’t tell any difference. I will search for color lines like you suggested.