Astigmatism reversion : angle tweak

Hi all!

Does anyone know or have tough out something regarding playing with angles for trying to reduce astigmatism?

(Specifically thinking on this due to usual change from 90º to 180º - children to adulthood.
Instead of rotating ellipsis, how to force change from ellipsis (astigmatism) into perfect circle (no astigmatism)?)

You can get some ideas from this article on functional asgtigmatism

I’d suggest taking a look around your daily environment and see if you’re always looking at things that are off to one side (screens, stacks of paper…) if you sit in a chair and watch TV is your seat off to the side? If you can correct your habits or the setup of your physical environment so that you have better head posture you can probably reduce some of the stimulus or strain that’s giving rise some of your astigmatism.

While it sounds logical I wouldn’t risk confusing the brain as much as counter challenging on the astigmatism…
Also the angle often comes from a habit (tilting head) or circumstance (stronger lights from a certain angle, e.g. roof window). With those, first you will have to change them, and you may find that the mysterious cyl is not in your opto measurement the next time.
This is from someone who has a different axis of small astigmatism per each flat…

Thanks all,
My questions was regarding if you have e.g. 85º and 95º in each eye, would it make sense to use 90º glasses to help reduce astigmatism (CYL).

And if choosing angles more close to 90º (as children are more prone to have) instead of more close to 180º (as it seems CYL move as we age up), helps forcing, somehow, in a good way.

EM says not to change the axis.
A cyl correction means a different correction to a certain part within the eye.
If you compare it to different sph corrections of the eyes, let’s say -2D in left eye and -3D in right eye, would you swap them around to -3D in left and -2D in right? or would you change both to -2.5D? I know I wouldn’t…