Axial changes vs. contact lens curve

Just in theory, on the back of @Varakari’s properly scientific experiments around axial elongation…

With the increase of myopia, the eye elongates about 1mm with each 3D increase.
I know the formula is not precise, far from black and white, and also it is elongation from a football to an egg shape, not just inflating the eyeball…

But

a) would the reduction of high myopia require change in the curvature after let’s say more than 5D improvement? To less curved?
8.6 seems to be the standard base curve, with some brands using 8.7.
But with high myopia contacts up to -20D, I also saw 8.4…

b) could the contact lens slow down improvement by keeping the natural lens in a certain shape?
My ophthalmologist mentioned quite a few times, that contact lenses can slow down myopia progression by sitting directly on the eyes and shaping them. I wonder if it worked in the other direction, too?

Obviously, I’m assuming correctly fitted contacts. Ones that move and turn very little with blinks.
(Yeah, I’m aware most people just accept the first brand offered by optos, and wear them for short times, e.g. for sports only anyway. So force themselves to tolerate more lens moving around on their eyes => most probably would not notice a change from 8.6 to 8.7…)

There are different kinds of axial elongation - the two main types are where the entire eyeball elongates, and where only the posterior part of the eyeball elongates. Apparently this could play a role in the increased risk of lattice degeneration of the retina (the latter case). Although this could have an effect on whether the front of the eyball changes curvature with axial shortening, I doubt whether the wearing of fitted contact lenses would have much of an impact on slowing axial shortening (if any). Wild guess on my part, but it did make me learn something about different kinds of axial elongation.