Bicycle + high power glasses

Do you feel neck discomfort while riding a bicycle in high power/index glasses? You should really tilt your head so much up relative to the angle of spine to forgo chromatic aberration?

I ride a bicycle for quite long - up to 2-3 hours per day oftentimes.

There are so few bicycle riders here??

I use my bike alot and I see just fine riding it with glasses. I don’t do head tilts or anything else - I don’t experience anything that lloks like chromaric aberration.

Do you use 1.56 instead of 1.6 index?

I wear my glasses and ride my bike. 1.5 index

3 Likes

I wear 1.6 index. i also have a pair with 1.7 index and there is no difference. Both work fine. Mind you, I only have sphere. If you have issues it might be because you have a more complex prescription that would maybe need some getting used to. I presume it has more to do with your prescription than with the index.

1 Like

No, I have sphere-only and with cylinder, both give the same thing, they both are 1.6
Abbe value is 40, though. Maybe you have higher Abbe.

Why would you want to troll me? No one gives you a guarantee that your myopia will be reversed or you will not have as high myopia as mine at some time. You and I even not sure whether you or I will have working eyes tomorrow, or even will we be alive or not. So, be happy that you have what you have and what I have. Do not imagine yourself better or worse than others.

I wish you best at reversing myopia you have as fast as you’d want, as well as preventing any relapses. But be aware that you wasn’t sure you will find EndMyopia, as anyone is not sure what awaits he/she in life. So, if I were in your shoes, I’d rather help people to stay motivated going back to 20/20, than intentionally making them to think they are wose than I am.

I answered your questions?

Thanks for your answer. But in my opinion you knew that lenses with 1.5 index have almost no chromatic aberration. I am nothing to judge you or anyone, but I wanted to make sure you know it has no purpose to troll anyone like me - you seem to have that done not for one time.

You’re giving me more credit than I’m due there.

This is a pretty trollable post though. You just wear your glasses and ride your bike.

2 Likes

Thank you for this as well - the last edit should look better.