Can active focus be put forward in this manner?

From past few days, I have been coming across several forms of blur clearance -

• clear flashes (randomly appear at any point of time, at any place)
  • blur cleared by squinting (you forcibly bring things in to focus)
  • active focus (You gently bring things into focus, and try to maintain it)

This is what i feel :-
Active focus is some kind of an involuntary-voluntary action. You desperately try for it, wait until you discover, and once you discover, you unknowingly continue the same practice | Involuntary |.
Now, say I am looking at some word/letter or anything.
Firstly it is completely blur. I just know that there is something there, but i am not able to read it.
or in other words
my brain captures an image of what is seen, then i blink gently to bring it slightly into focus.
So, now my brain gets hold of this slightly focused image. Then again i blink and the blurriness further clears from the slightly focused one or i am able to see better than before, and so on.
Finally, I get hold on to a sharper extent of whatever i am seeing.

So it is like I am commanding my brain, " Capture the image properly, whenever i blink and help me to see things properly "

Then,
Sometimes, when we are in a relaxed state, I am sure that we would be able to see things much clearer at a distance. It is the same case, that you are telling your eyes to come back to the actual focal plane to see sharply.
But your eyes are unable to take it to the 100% sharp level, it tries to at least 90% of getting a sharp image.
As time passes, your cm measurements improve, because your eyes be like ," I am coming back to the right focal plane "
Then your eye-sight improves.

But, in the case of squinting, you are actually providing a medium for your eyes to focus, i.e, tears/water. I feel that when you squint or say hardly blink, you are providing a temporary medium for eyes to get focusing, which is not right in the long run because every time you squint your eyes focus through tears, so it does not get a chance to improve or focus on itself without any help.

I understood blinking and squinting in this manner. I feel that blinking gently leads to active focus.
If I am right, please show your support.

Yes, you are totally right. Squinting essentially changes the optical system between the object and your retina. It’s practically the same as if you would just put a stronger glasses on. So it doesn’t provide any positive stimulus.

2 Likes

I am far too simple to know whether or not you’re totally right, but I find this super-interesting and thank you for sharing your experience. I like your emphasis on the brain.

Keep seeing!

1 Like

This is something I would do on the beach or on the top of a hill or in my garden. When I can take my time and there’s no pressure to be successful. Still, there may be a level of blur = too great a distance that I won’t be able to clear and challenging my eyes that way would be quite meaningless, apart from the fact that it would be screen free time which is always a good thing. So the distance needs to be selected well to maximise the benefits.

However, when I think about the workday spent in front of the monitor it cannot be completely blurry and then partially blurry, or I’d never get to the end of my tasks popping up on my screen (e-mails, presentations, calculations). So for practical reasons, I’d choose much less blur, a tiny blur, I’d bring that into focus and then maintain it during the working hours.

For me active focus is something that you maintain during the day, mostly with tiny blur clearance and then with bigger challenges when there’s time to practice distance vision.

3 Likes

Here is active focus in a nutshell, you open your eyes and blink any blur into focus. Our myopic brain is playing a cruel trick on us, our brain thinks that we need to do something with our eyes voluntarily because the distance is not close when in reality the eyes operate like a camera and focus at a distance when you maintain your close vision comfort in your eyes and looking far. At a local restaurant that I frequent, I active focus on a sign half a block away and can clear the smaller letters this way. You can do it. Believe in yourself.

2 Likes