Ciliary or extrinsic muscles spasm?

We myopes have got ciliary spasm for sure but I think that even the six extrinsic muscles are tight in a wrong way which induce and mantain myopia.
I don’t use glasses as often as usual lately and I experience flashes of clarity (not full clarity). I think that this sudden change in acuity is due to extrinsic muscles work.
Ex: if I look at a far object and I slowly rotate my head still gazing at it I easely see it more in focus while moving in some position (best when head os down and gaze tilted up at its max)
Working on this for 15 days now and it’s getting better and better. Is it due to stronger and flaxible extrinsic, thus less spasm and easier fusion?
Any considerantion or experience?

I suspect the cornea flattens as the eye around the lens is pressed against the eye socket.

I notice a significant reduction in astigmatic blur when I do the same thing, horizontal and vertical changes in head position holding something constant in view.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed some improved clarity when turning my head and keeping my gaze on an object too. Some thoughts about why this may happen include:

• Refreshing or reshaping of the tear lens covering the eye’s surface
  • Change of eye shape due to muscle tension
  • Change of eye shape due to eye rotation within eye socket
  • Change to angle of incidence (lens/cornea no longer pointing directly at target)
  • Re-focus of the lens due to dominant/secondary visual field changes or primary/secondary handover
1 Like

@Samsara @kem
I do agree with your opinions. Thus extrinsic muscles have a role in accomodation and focus in general.
Forther consideration: Clear flashes in my opinion are caused by extrinsics moving and occasionally positioning focus at 20/20 or close to 20/20 (sometimes right in fovea centralis causing extreme clarity).