Did I reduce too much?

I started of at -3.75 in both eyes with -0.5 astigmatism in both. This was an overcorrection eagle eye vision.

I then reduced to -3.5 along with my differentials of -2. I felt that the -3.5 was still too strong so I went down to -3.25 and felt like I now had my actual full correction.

I then decided that I would go for the actual first real normalied to challenge blur for distance. So I ordered -2.75 and reduced my differentials to -1.75.

The differentials feel fine but when I spend a long time on distance vision (playing golf for example) I start to feel a bit light headed and get some eye strain. It can actually leave me feeling a little dizzy and sometimes fatigued which is strange.

I’m wondering whether I should just stick it out with the -2.75 and see if I adapt to it/ When I’m playing golf I’m not able to clear the blur to infinity> Maybe I just need more time finding active focus with the distance vision?

I started over 2 months ago with the -3.5 so maybe its a bit much for my brain at the moment.

Hello, recommended drop for normalized is 0.25.
There’s really no way for us to know your real prescription and because of that you should make your own measurements. So, first of all I recommend you to print a snellen and make your own measurements. If you see 20/20 with an artificial light this means that glasses are too strong to make improvements and won’t give you enough blur during daytime. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

As so_spangle says, we can’t know your actual state, but it seems to me that you are asking yourself the right questions. You’ll be fine.

You cannot ruin your eyesight by wearing a slightly stronger normalised, as long as you really focus on the game and the distance. I would surely step back up a bit to avoid the dizziness and fatigue.
Your brain is part of the vision team. Don’t leave it behind!

If you’ve just reduced you should be able to read the 20/50 line on an Snellen in a well lit indoor room with no natural light without using active focus.

If you can’t do that you’re too undercorrected.

2 Likes