Dr. Eye Health (171k subscribers) mentions EM

3 Likes

Covers Bates, Active Focus, vision training. He’s skeptical, but allows some people have had success. He does discuss near work induced myopia and myopia control in better light.

4 Likes

Active Focus gets mentioned at 8m 10s if anyone wants to skip to that point https://youtu.be/8KhpKPn0gYc?t=490

1 Like

Seems like he didn’t understand anything about EM, no mention of diffs, normalized, nothing. Just ‘Active Focus relaxes your eyes, we already do this it’s called vision therapy’. At the same time, seems like a reasonable guy who might be open to things. Obviously not to his profession being flipped on its head though.

There’s always someone who says ‘@jakey should reach out to him and have a friendly chat over crumpets and tea!!!’ so I’ll do that before someone else does. It’d probably the most awkward chat, and he wouldn’t be keen on publishing it if Jake came across as even remotely convincing.

Long-term manifest destiny speaking: grow and grow, make the resources better, get more of a following until guys like this have to start debunking the method point by point instead of just ‘debunking’ one thing and getting that wrong too.

7 Likes

it is a shame for him to claim that he has done his own research. can you imagine how many people can be misleaded by his definition of active focus …

7 Likes

Yup, he definitely misunderstand what active focus is and how it works. Also totally missed that Endmyopia does claim that axial elongation is a problem too and the ciliary spasm is not the reason of myopia, just the cause.

4 Likes

As probably the person here with the most vision therapy experience as a client, this is patently untrue.

Vision therapy is often exactly the opposite of active focus, particularly in the ciliary relaxing/releasing direction.

3 Likes

Luckily AznDudeIsOn set him straight about active focus with a wonderfully detailed comment, which ‘Dr Eye Health’ responded to.

There are already a number of people in the comments referring to EndMyopia. Woud it be kind of neat for all of us who have had gains with EM to tell him? He specifically asked if anyone has had success with natural vision improvement, so I am not suggesting spamming, just replying en masse so he pays attention to this method with all the people making actual improvements… :wink:

4 Likes

Just added my voice to the groundswell.

Kent

1 Like

Possibly not unreasonable at all and maybe it is worth reaching out. This comment is good! :slight_smile:

One best foot forward and ‘check out @Varakari’ can’t hurt. Not all optometrists are from the underworld.

5 Likes

Get him into the BackTo20/20 program :wink:

2 Likes

That would be quite the turnabout.

3 Likes

From 11:30 he talks about how people can be trained to strenghen ciliary to see sharper, or reconnect with their accommodation control after head trauma or similar. That’s an interesting angle…

He denies that it can remove need for glasses, but we know that’s a very slow process, so possible no-one has noticed.

3 Likes

I think that habit changing preference for distance vision and slight hyperopic defocus has a lot to do with it.

And it is slow. People easily get discouraged and quit, or go back to their old habits and add complaining about endmyopia not working. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yup, his denial is just a side effect of being a science-person. Science tends to favor evidence that is comes from standardized research (that is, research that follows strict research principles.) And anecdotal evidence without standardization tends to come off as interesting but not conclusive.

Personally, DoctorEyeHealth is someone I would trust to be my eye-doctor. He’s probably a busy guy so I hope he comes around to try EndMyopia himself.

1 Like

Does he have perfect eyesight, or does he wear contacts? :memethinking:

1 Like

He wears contacts for myopia

2 Likes

Ooooh, what’s his prescription?

I don’t remember if he mentioned it. But it’s probably low since his job doesn’t involve being a sedentary monitor absorber

2 Likes

Yeah, but the extra years of study for the professional doctorate are detrimental.

2 Likes