Before EM recently took its rightful place as being the main alternative to corrective lenses for myopia the ruling alternative to those lenses was bates method.
For those of you that are curious about the ideas and mechanisms behind bates method there’s a surprisingly easy way to experience most of what bates method entails for yourself. Ready for it?
All you need to do is chop up some onions. Yes darling kittens, just chop 'em up.
Chopping those onions will cause your eyes to water up, get stingy and this will cause the following (bates method) things to start happening:
- Increased movement, you will start to move your eyes and look away from the chopping board to escape the stingy fluid from the onions. This will give you a good experience as to how the bates eye exercises work.
- You’ll starts centralizing automatically because your periphery is filled with tear fluid so you can only look at something with the “central” part of your eyesight.
- You’ll start shifting and looking around because continued gazing at the chopping board will hurt too much.
- Blinking will be increased significantly because the watery eyes need to be cleared.
- The final piece of the bates puzzle is relaxation. If you chop up enough onions you’ll be in desperate need to cover your eyes and start palming like crazy to achieve the necessary relaxation.
So there we have it. The most simple way to experience if bates method is something for you. Please do not forget to season the onion with a good grain of salt before serving and taking this all in .