First hello from a high myope

Hi everyone, I’m a nurse living in California. I’ve been on quite a struggle with my vision for several years. I got glasses at 6 years old (I’m 30 now) and made my dad cry because I finally saw that trees had leaves rather than being big green shapes. About 5 years ago I made an appointment to get lasik and in the time I had to wear glasses only, started to experiment with taking them off and realized I did have clear vision, it was just super close to my face and I like to say my eyes gave me a really clear “no” on lasik, so I cancelled. I tried the Bates method, ugh. Got way overprescribed for a year and am still struggling with optometrists to find the right Rx. I actually just got a test lens kit today and have been trying it out.
Currently I wear contacts
L -7 -1.75 160 R -5 -2.25 170
I think they’re under what I need, or the CYL is off.
Glasses
L -8.5 -2.25 160 R -6 -2.5 170
These hurt my face… Something isn’t right.
My experiments with the test lens kit show good distance vision w
L -8 -2 R -6 -2 More testing to follow.

I’m able to find active focus when practicing Trataka, candle gazing. I started getting curious and looking at the glowing red wick and pulled back to blur then was able to relax to clarity.

Any advice is welcome! Especially on using a test lens to find a proper prescription.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hope the other high myopes, and those with test lens kits, can give you some guidance on your journey. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your post. How is your improvement going? I would like to try trataka. Is it possible for you to share a video or link how to practice it correctly? Thank you so much for your response in advance!

1 Like