Floaters, blur adaptation, unexpected results

It really is quite the study! I started drinking pure daily pineapple juice after I read it, as I have many floaters. I have one in my right eye that is particularly annoying when working on the computer (I basically only notice it then). I do think I have somewhat less floaters now, but the annoying one is still there (about 8 weeks in). I will keep on doing it for a couple more months and will report back ;-))

When I was doing my reading, I think I remember that pineapple also has a tonne of vitamin A, which is involved in collagen production. So, out with the old and in with the new? Whole is usually better because all the bits work together.

2 Likes

Michele is doing this. Here are his 30 and 60 day updates:

I am also 2 months in, but haven’t re-mapped to see how it is going. Will have a video about that eventually though.

1 Like

They are beta carotenes, which are very inefficiently converted into vitamin A - about a 12:1 ratio. So you can also stop eating carrots to improve your eyesight. :wink:
Some animal sourced vitamin A is a much better bet - it is not called retinol for nothing.

3 Likes

Vitamin A - Enough is good, more is not better. Too much is deadly. That said, I am currently supplementing Retinol as an experiment related to a skin condition, in addition to eating a high fat diet which naturally comes with a significant amount of retinol.

Sadly the USDA Nutrient Database no longer makes it easy to search for a list of foods by nutrient, but as an example

https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/168221/nutrients - Pork fat 24 µg/100g
https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/783965/nutrients - Eggs, scrambled with butter 184 µg/100g

Sounds like it’s all sorted then!

1 Like

The advantage of natural beta-carotenes is that you are unlikely to overdose on them. :wink:

3 Likes

Actually, the toxic dose of vitamin A can only realistically happen with supplementation. Or by eating several pounds of beef liver every day for several months (or maybe years).

1 Like

That is the usual warning. At one stage of my life when I was under extreme stress I developed boils in my ears. This is a good 40 years ago. Different antibiotics prescribed by the doc just made things worse. I stopped them and went the vitamin supplement route. C did nothing, nor did the B group, or E. In desperation I talked the pharmacist into selling me A supplements in spite of having no prescription. I took a 2 week course, the most he was willing to sell me. Miraculous relief. I woudn’t wish boils in the ears of my worst enemy, although it would make a good curse.

Of course now one can just buy vit. A online.

1 Like

Eating liver from carnivores gets you to toxic dose. Eat your organ meats from something low on the food chain.

2 Likes