Forum TRUST LEVELS - Explained

I thought this might be helpful to those wondering about the trust levels of the forum.

• New User: New users have access to read the forum but have limited community abilities.

• TRUST LEVEL 1 (Basic): New user restrictions have been lifted; granted essential community abilities, such as personal messaging, flagging, wiki editing, and the ability to post multiple image and links.

• TRUST LEVEL 2 (Member): Granted after participating over a period of weeks to truly join the community. Now allowed to send invitations from your user page or individual topics, create group personal messages, and have more likes per day to give.

• TRUST LEVEL 3 (Regular): Granted after being a regular part of the community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you;ll also get lots more likes per day.

• TRUST LEVEL 4 (Leader): You’re a leader in this community as selected by staff and you set a positive example for the rest of the community here in your actions and words. You have the ability to edit all posts, take common topic moderator actions such as pin, close, unlist, archive, split and merge.

So welcome to the forum and let’s work together.

7 Likes

How i knew at which levels I am?

Seems like these aren’t fixed though. At one point I graduated to ‘Regular’ but that lasted only a short period before being demoted back down to ‘Member’. Not sure why. Maybe a certain level of activity is required to maintain trust levels.

If you click the TOP RIGHT Corner with your picture. Then click your name; then Summary or Activity; then Badges. From there you can see which Level Badges you have.

1 Like

I’m sure you are correct. It seems that I read something to that effect somewhere but cannot find it to confirm for you.

Perhaps some of the Leaders (@jakey @Laurens @Benal @tal @Denis @NottNott) who are in the KNOW will chime in with clarification.

Definitely @Laurens realm.

Also, some fun trivia:

5 Likes

I am still on basics , 9 month on this forum. How other people increasing their level?

1 Like

You might find this helpful and perhaps @Laurens may look into it for you. Seems like some glitch in the system.

Found it …

3 Likes

Why we need that levels?

Mmm - not sure I would like to be burdened with that much trust, as I might have to rein in my heretical tendencies. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@Ursa what will you do with all that power? :grin:

2 Likes

I think my native big mouth is power enough for an old lady. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think that level for free rough guide which is made by community

I don’t think it comes free with any level. But I don’t need it, because I language edited most of it, and have kept copies of what I edited. There is nothing in it that you can’t find in the forum and blogposts, and now the wiki. But you will have to do some work to access all of it.

1 Like

Yeah, @Astigmatism_Assasin, trust lvl 3 requires ongoing active participation. A moderator+ can lock ones trust level to ensure that it doesn’t decline. In some case that is relevant and worth awarding.

Feel free to bug someone of the staff if you feel that such action should be taken on your behalf.

@Ursa, trust lvl 3 gets you access to the rough guide posts in here. It’s a thank you for helping in here and being an active and contributing member.

3 Likes

Thanks, Laurens. I was actually hoping for ‘irregular’ status. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, Laurens. People who reached trust level 3 after the rough guide was finalised , may not know how to get access to it on the forum - the search function will get you to it - Rough guide to myopia reversal in the Advanced User Guides and Topics category - a locked category if you do not have trust level 3.

3 Likes

Hannia you have trust level 3. Have you got rough guide?

1 Like

Yes, I have access to the rough guide.

1 Like