Found this paper on VT by accident

Figured I’d post this so I could find it again, and in case anyone else was interested. Haven’t read it yet.

(http://www.coavision.org/files/102%20-Vision%20Therapy%20handout.pdf)

2 Likes

What is this pdf about? It is showing an error 404 page not found. It may be removed.

Fixed it by adding parenthesis. Click the link to read it.

I guess it gives some insight into Vision Therapy, which is related to what goes on here in that it involves improving vision. As you can see, it’s all very scientific. But the public for the most part, and even mainstream Optometry/Ophthalmology often don’t buy into it, either.

1 Like

Thank you!

This is a nicely detailed document. As I already do some vision therapy, mostly brock string, this is a subject of great interest to me. Vision therapy can be effect but its use is restricted to the US as the two major organizations, the Optometric Extension Program Foundation (OEP) and the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) both operate almost entirely in the US. In addition the industry limits the sale of vision therapy equipment to the general public thus reducing engagement.

Trial links

The Convergence Insufficiency Treatment Trial, (CITT) , 2008 link

Convergence insufficiency (CI) is a common binocular vision disorder characterized by exophoria greater at near than at distance, a receded near point of convergence, and reduced positive fusional vergence (convergence amplitudes) at near.

A Randomized Clinical Trial of Treatments for Convergence Insufficiency in Children, 2005 link

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. I found the article very interesting, and it also shows that some optometrists are interested in fixing the problem of amblyopia and not simply in the business of selling glasses and lenses.

3 Likes