Frame Fit is Important

For people ordering their glasses online, these are important things to know. Unfortunately you will not have a painstaking optician to do all this checking and measuring for you.

I have also been learning a lot from this guy on astigmatism measurement.

2 Likes

Yeah, John Seegers @ Laramy-K is great. All his videos are focused on optician training so it is nice to be able to see things from the other side of the bench. I have watched a bunch of his videos over the last couple of years.

The combination of John’s videos and searching through the back catalog on the Optiboard site is where I picked up the majority of my knowledge about glasses manufacturing, lens optics, and how glasses and prescribed and cut. Some fascinating stuff there for people who wear glasses and want to understand how things work behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Very nice. It looks like one of the $6 Zenni frames was purpose-made for my face :wink:

1 Like

Same here. I was pleasantly surprised since I have had trouble finding frames that I like and that fit in on some sites. The Zenni is pretty bland looking but at least it doesn’t look bad. And for $6.95 you can’t really complain. :slight_smile:

I found a bit more expensive frame that fit me and that I liked the look of on Goggles4U, but they are so cheaply made that the frame snapped on me within 2 weeks of getting it (the one I was using for my normalized too––so I was only using it for about half the time). So I don’t plan to order another of those frames. I still need to pick a replacement but I’ve been having trouble finding one that is comparable.

1 Like

I’m so glad that the only frame I have to choose is for plano sunglasses :sweat_smile:

1 Like