🎥 Gemily, Reannon, David, & Jake: Le Secret Meeting

SOOOOOO. We got together, forum members going all off-page, off-script, off-text, and had a chat.

About eyeballs and the forum non-public-ness, and lots of random things.

Why?

I’m thinking there’s something in a more people-focused format. Less text, more chats. Not sure where that goes or how it works or what’s in it, but here it is anyway. (on Youtube but entirely unlisted - ie. nobody will see it without the direct link)

Thoughts welcome!

32 Likes

I loved this one. It was nice to meet David in ‘real’. I do think it is great to have more than just text to base a judgement on, but as an old person with a wide exposure to written language, I get a pretty good idea of people based on enough text. This is more difficult when they are not native English speakers, but as I have a lot of experience in that as well, sooner or later I get a feel for them.

David, your English accent matches your English grammar. :laughing: I know you have a good sense of humour, so I hope I do not get ‘cancelled’ for this.

p.s. The cat is back, and so is the old lady. You have made me feel a bit paranoid about removing them. Boldly we go!

7 Likes

Look at your stunning supermodel smile in the thumbnail, Jake! Haha! Next time you do one, you should get everyone to do a nice (or silly) face for a moment to use as a thumbnail. :wink: Then again, that may be a fair bit of work for your “record and upload” style.

4 Likes

So good to see you again, Hannie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a nice video. Loved the interaction between you all. I also think there are more topics that bind us. Would certainly watch if you expand.
When I signed on for the seven day email I wasn’t prepared for the deep dive in this topic (Just the steps please) but once you told how to measure our eyes I was sold and very happy to discover this forum with all the interesting topic and views.

5 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:ت so excited to watch it

Awesome format, definitely go further with it :grin:

Making beards out of hair too :+1:. Jake beard and robes profile picture when?

As for my video quality not being as good as @gemilymez’s, I think something might’ve been lost in paraphrasing or sarcasm there. But I’ll roll with it! rocky theme plays

4 Likes

Bring it. :wink:
Still waiting for those high fructose vids you promised…

5 Likes

Multiple people are good to a degree. Would recommend each video has a specific topic focus.
Keep the videos short, 20 minutes is already to long. A longer time for a podcast is okay.

3 Likes

I would argue, but you are totally right :rofl:

Maybe I should replace @jakey in Endmyopia videos: for the guru image I don’t need fake beard and I don’t need fake accent :smiley:

11 Likes

A Hungarian Guru - wow!

Or rather a “táltos” ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Táltos ), but yeah :smiley:

2 Likes

That will also do nicely.

Ohhh boy. I literally took about four seconds to scrub to find something that looked passable, screenshot, save.

Now I’ll have to go back and make sure I’m not favoring my own appearance. :smiley:

I … don’t know what I’m talking about. This should be assumed at all times. :joy:

Next time we’ll have to include Andrew. Obviously.

I’ll just wink here, conspiratorially.

6 Likes

Also, just watched Kunaré with my cousin. It was pretty good!!!

I wish they hammed up the reveal a bit more though, I really did stick through the whole thing for the reveal :stuck_out_tongue:

April Fools Jake Kunaré parody?

3 Likes

I enjoyed listening to all 4 of you. I’ll definitely be watching any future episodes.

I felt like I had already met Jake, Gemily and Reannon. It was very nice hearing David. Reading his posts now I’ll know more of who he is.

Thanks for sharing with the forum.

7 Likes

True, they don’t know me but I know them very well :male_detective:

9 Likes

I always knew you were actually a cat!

1 Like

Which then drags on for months and months?

3 Likes

It annoys me when I don’t get to be the one to be creepy.

Also, you know … welcome to join one of these anytime. Your choice of topic and all. :wink:

3 Likes