Hello everyone! I am new here

I am a 40 year old male from India. My name is Arnab. I have been wearing glasses since the time I was 8 years old. Until recently, I never thought that I should search on the internet that how to reverse myopia. Finding Mr Jake Steiner and his endmyopia.org is such an amazing surprise for me. Last month, I went for my yearly eye check-up. I was asked to continue with the lens of -7.5 SP 0.50 CYL for the right eye and -5.50 SP 0.50 CYL for the left eye. I have read the 7 day introductory course and read the materials provided by Jake. I have ordered my first differentials by slashing 1.25 from SPH and 0.25 CYL. I have started with the good habits that are needed and trying increase my outdoor time. The major challenge is that I am a software programmer. Thank you Jake. Although, I have just started the journey, I am grateful that Jake has allowed me to join this group.

4 Likes

Hi Arnab,
Welcome to the club!! First glasses are very exciting :slight_smile: Are you sure on reduction of both SPH and CYL. As far as I understand from this forum it is better to avoid making complex reductions. I dont have CYL so I am not an expert here though.

Thanks for the welcome. I won’t go for complex reductions. I just went by the instruction in the mail, that said “Drop the astigmatism if it’s just 0.50 diopters, and instead of subtracting 1.5 diopters total, subtract only 1.25. If it’s a 0.25 astigmatism, just drop it, no other changes.” This is my first differentials. I will be careful.

1 Like

Understood :+1: Enjoy your “Back To 20/20” journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also a software programmer! I’m working on developing some good habits like frequent brief walks outside.

Welcome and good luck!

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum!

1 Like

Welcome! And good luck to you :blush:

1 Like