Hello from a high myope

Hello to everyone,

I´m a very high diopter person from Germany. Unfortunatelly I ´ve already been in the double-digits diopter range (-10 dpt.), but I make very good progress now with following the endmyopia program. I´m myopic since I was about 8 years old, so this makes 30 years of living behind glasses (and contacts). Uff.
I´m soooo glad that I´ve found endmyopia and that finally there is a way to get rid of my very high myopia! :partying_face: (Thanks a lot, Jake!!!)
I always doubted this “it is genetic” story, because my parents had perfectly fine vision, but I didn´t know what to do, to at least stop the diopters from increasing. At some point, I think it was when I was “diagnosed” with this double digit number two years ago, I somehow gave up and emotionally prepared for losing my eyesight sooner or later in life. :frowning_face:

I found endmyopia in march 2019 accidentally because an acquaintant had joined the 20/20 program and told me about his gains. Usually I would have thougt this endmyopia thing is a scam, but since this acquaintant is a very reasonable person :slightly_smiling_face:, (and I didn´t have much to lose) I wanted to give it a try. Since then (as probably all the people here) I learned a lot about myopia in a relatively short period of time. As I couldn´t wait to take action, I also made a few of the common (but not severe) mistakes at the beginning. :sunglasses:
I started with L -10.0 sph / -1.0 cyl., R -9.5 sph / -1.5 cyl.
Now, since the beginning of July, I wear -7.0 dpt. glasses for both eyes as my new normalised (no cylinder correction any more).
Myopia is now my favorite topic to talk about (although usually nobody else is interested in it :wink:) and I´m still getting kind of euphoric when I think too much about my new special interest. :nerd_face:

33 Likes

Hello, great to hear your story! My myopia values and age are pretty much the same as yours! I started in February 2019 around -10 and am now alternating between -8 and -7 glasses as normalized, depending on the lighting conditions. Here’s to both of us, and everyone else, reversing our nearsightedness!

6 Likes

Welcome Simone!

-10 sph to -7 sph this year :open_mouth: that seems very fast. Congratulations and hope you have an enjoyable journey to 20/20.

3 Likes

Hey! I started my journey around February but till now I haven’t seen improvements, can you elaborate further on what were your normalized and your habits regarding active focus (number of times a day, number of minutes each time, or once a day for 1-2 hours?)

1 Like

Thank you @Viceroy.Sam :slightly_smiling_face:
@conbrio Cool, that you have quite the same prerequisites and make quite the same progress as I made.

2 Likes

Did you do the reading in the endmyopia blog?
I do active focus as often as I remember to do it. I at first got rid of my cyl, and equalized (which I now know isn´t the right way to do it :wink: ) then I regularly reduced my normalised by 0.5 dpt. (instead of 0.25 dpt. because i have this high myopia) just when I could see perfectly fine with the glasses. For close up-work I of course wear differentials reduced by 1.5 dpt. compared to the normalised.

1 Like

Totally share this with you❣️
Happy to hear your fear of losing eyesight is already cured - and welcome! :owl:

7 Likes

Mine this Feb 2019 (when I found end-myopia) was 8.5 left and 8 right. Then I normalized it to 7.75 left and 7.25 right. I use 6.5 left and 6 right differential for close up work. Today I checked with optometrist again and my numbers have no changed a bit, which makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. It is possible I have reduced too much which is why I have ordered 8.25 left and 7.75 right today as my new normalized. Was kinda depressed as didn’t see much improvements in these last 4-5 months. But I am no losing hope and will update about my new increased normalized after some months :smile:

1 Like

:grinning: Thank you :sunny:

1 Like

The refractometer at my ophtalmologist has shown a reduction of just half a diopter. At that time I already had my third normalised glasses with a reduction of L 1.5 and R 1.0 dpt. respectively (compared to my original glasses)
Active focus is everything. And not creating eyestrain anymore. For me for example the biggest obstacle is reading on my smartphone. I try to avoid reading on it (a very small one, iPhone SE), because this worsens my eyesight significantly. Good luck on your journey :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hi Simone, I"m happy to hear about your euphoria over discovering endmyopia.org. I am a low myope but just as euphoric and (probably over zealous) about it as you. I try to let the subject come up naturally with friends and see if they take an interest in my gains. -3.5 to -1.75. If they ask me questions, I assume they are interested and tell them more. I don’t want to seem that I’m a devotee to a guru, because I kinda am! :smiley_cat: If I seem that way it’s because being able to see naturally is very liberating! Enjoy your journey.

3 Likes

That´s really cool, that you already made such a big progress, especially in the moderate to low myopia range where it takes very long to drop diopters. :muscle:
I´m definitely over zealous too. :sweat_smile:
Maybe when I´m more used to the endmyopia thing I can handle the topic also in a more relaxed way, when telling friends about it…
Enjoy your journey too.:sunny:

5 Likes

Great progress!
I find that’s really great that myopia is no longer a negative topic for you. Personally I still cope with this and can’t talk about it freely and positively. I’m also a high myope.

2 Likes

I wanna know something…is there anyone who has made a new specs and after wearing it for some time when you take it off you see a bit of smokey/cloudy…this is happening to me and i wanna know why

1 Like

I think this happens to me sometimes but it goes away in a few seconds.

OH, so you are relying on the optometrist to tell you what your vision is? Ha ha! Well, if it changed he probably thinks He must be wrong. There is subjectivity in how they measure you. So if you want to be more hopeful, measure it yourself, everyday at first so you can see the change. Also keep a diary of what you looked at in AF practice and how it felt to you. I also measure ambient light with my Lux light meter app and record it with your vision measurements so that regression and improvement are moderated by knowing whether there was also more or less light. I’ve been doing this since March 2019 so now I’m only measuring about once a week.

3 Likes

Yeah it goes away after sometime…but i am afriad that it can harm my eyes

I seem to have something like this when my eyes are tired and overworked. Sometimes I can simulate it by unfocusing my ciliary while looking into the distance.

Be curious about it when you feel it, and you may learn something new about your eyes’ response to different conditions.

I figured it out…my optometrist increased my prescription by 0.25 and even changed the axis by mistake but when i went to him and told my problems he didnt tell me about his mistake and told me that come after 8 to 10 days your eyes will adjust…but i knew something was wrong because i could see perfectly in my old glasses then i went to other optometrist to get my classes checked he told me about the increased prescription…

2 Likes