How about paving the road to the destination once for all:)

I have said all I want to say in the title. the picture below speaks for itself :rofl:

Here is the template for anyone who is interested, I’m sure you all are smart enough to figure out how to use it without instructions :rofl:
lens pouch.pdf (168.7 KB)

2 Likes

This is pretty cool. Wasn’t totally clear at first glance. I dig!

1 Like

that’s the idea, like we do AF, wasn’t totally clear at first glance all the time :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s very cool. Big fan of making plans, setting goals, visualizing the steps (not in a “The Secret” kind of way).

1 Like

yes, I do visualize the lens as stepping stones. :grinning:

If you don’t have astigmatism, and you can change the lenses easily, this is probably a cheaper way to go in the long run.

1 Like

exactly, plus big discount during the double 11 shopping season in China :rofl:

1 Like

you got a good bulk discount?

yeah, in the end, I paid about 20RMB ($3) each lens, the lens quality is also not bad as far as i can tell:)

2 Likes

@ljm2020 Are you in china? Which city? I am too. This is very cool I’m thinking of doing this.

Can I ask some basic questions?

Like how did you actually explain to them what you wanted?
Did you buy the pouch first and then go tell them you wanted one lense for each pouch etc?

Online shopping, you only need to tell them the specs (SPH, PD for me w/o CYL). they don’t ask any questions:)

no, I made the pouch by myself, also shared the template in my first post here, check it out:)

Nanjing, how about u?

nice im in SH.
Ah. I see you added me to facebook. I sent you a PM

I got my lenses on taobao for about 50 yuan (frames included, pretty things), took them to the optometrist, he examined them and legit did not see a difference between them and the lenses he was selling for 200 yuan (without the frames) and that was a down-to-earth optometrist with some reasonably priced things.
So, as far as my opto’s eyes go, the quality is about the same you can get in a shop but for like, a fifth or a sixth of the price.

Double 11 is only in a few days, you got these glasses during the sales on the first of November then?

1 Like

yes, the pre-sell has the same discount and you get to receive them on time. the delivery right after double 11 will be delayed due to the huge amount:)

and also they have price protection, if they provide more discount next week, they will re-fund me anyway:)

2 Likes

@ljm2020 @Salt
I’d love to get your reccomended taobao stores so I can also buy in a few days.

Can we start a wechat group together?

Yup, okay.

1 Like

ive added jimmy ill get him to start a group

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. It never occured to me that I have a possible source to buy my glasses. Considering the freakin huge price difference between my current lens shop to online shopping, I can finally buy all my required lenses with 0.25D increments at my arsenal in the not so distant future. I still have to order a sample to check how well the lens is made before i can get all of them. You have really paved a road that I never saw was available.

2 Likes

@Brentkyle54 u also in China?

Philippines, but i’m sourcing my glasses from China

1 Like