Hyperopic defocus

Hey guys! I accidentally wore my -1 lenses for closeup for 30 seconds at a distance of 70cm and now my eyes are hurting. I am at -1.25 visual acuity. Do I need to be worried?

There’s 3 parts of this post

1. wearing your norms for 30 seconds at 70 cm is not an issue in itself. Most people do more extreme things with their cellular devices
  2. Your eyes are hurting. You don’t explain enough to warrant an opinion on your eyes hurting. We don’t do medical advice. But I do suggest some guided meditation, it may not help but it won’t hurt.
  3. Do you need to be worried? Eye health wise. IDK, use your best judgment. You’ve made massive visual gains so I assume you’ve become very familiar with your own visual experiences. Mind wise, no emotions are needed. What you feel is what you feel.

I don’t think so. My eyes, and my head, hurt when I put on any glasses, let alone glasses that are too strong, or with the wrong cylinder axis. I am just not used to wearing glasses. The pain goes pretty soon after I remove the offending glasses.

When you refer to lenses do you mean glasses or contact lenses? The only way this could make a difference would be if you got grit into your eyes with the contact lenses.

1 Like

I don’t wear contact lenses only glasses

Thanks for the reply! I never feel eye pain or strain but as soon as the hyperopic defocus happened, I felt strain. I know it was caused by wearing my normalised for closeup as I haven’t had hyperopic defocus since I started EM. It couldn’t have been anything else.

1 Like