I have two Axis?

I measure my vision using stenopic split. when i measure my right eye i get two directional blur axis i.e. axis 180 and axis 90 (but axis 90 only blur to the right) and i measure my left eye i get blur on axis 180 and axis 90 (but axis 90 only blur to left).
what is the actual axis of my astigmatism?

the image is roughly like this
right eye measurement results

left eye measurement results

blur on axis 90 is similar to blur chromatic aberration

2 Likes

You saved my life. I am in the same position as you. Axes 180 and 90. Chromatic aberrations with naked eye.

Maybe our astigmatism is asymmetric. Such is usually corneal.

In my opinion (not supported by Jake @jakey) it’s due to misalignment in tension of rectus muscles.

Maybe you should go without astigmatism correction if your astigmatism does not exceed 2 D.

With stenopic slit, you should be able to find one axis where directional blur goes away. If it doesn’t, that’s not directional blur, that’s a higher order aberation, and you’re not going to accommodate it with standard cylinder lenses. Keep rotating the slit around until you find a better angle.

1 Like

Wow I even have higher order aberrations, uuuhhh :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Did you test all around? Seems really odd that two of you got 90 and 180, that doesn’t seem right at all.

what higher order aberation do you mean like this?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/aberrations.htm&ved=2ahUKEwia5e70vLzpAhWUwTgGHd8qCpkQFjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3-D3qwquVM5moEq3Y2O6q5&cshid=1589773159294

and the picture is like this
images

higher order aberrations have many types such as coma (vertical), coma (horizontal), trefoil, quadrafoil, spherical aberation, astigmatism, secondary astigmatism, etc.

I was very afraid if I was also exposed to something like this it would be difficult to find the right lens to overcome this

in my left eye axis 180 and axis 90 have the same (or almost the same) edge of blur
in my right eye axis 180 has blurred first, after a few cm, axis 90 also blurred

90 and 180 having the same blur means neither of those is your axis of astigmatism. You have to keep trying more angles. Having exactly 180 and 90 for both of you indicates to me you’re both following the same directions and having the same misunderstanding.

Higher order abberations means that instead of a pinched shape your lens or cornea is wrinkled, and that can’t be compensated for with conventional lenses.

If you’re not finding the axis of astigmatism with stenopic slit, stick with your last professional evaluation numbers.

1 Like

So when you’re looking at an astigmatism wheel, there is not one line that is more clear than the all the others and one that is the most blurry perpendicular to that? Try moving different distances too.

1 Like

blurred lines are axis 180 and axis 90 but the most blurred is axis 180

Use axis of the most blurred line as your axis. But, are you unsatisfied with your current cylinder correction?

If that’s going to be higher order aberration and you’re unsatisfied with your correction:

• Maybe there’s a thing as cylinders with custom profile. Don’t know though whether such lens can introduce its own higher order aberrations.
  • Try RGP contact lenses. Those enforce the cornea to take spherical shape while you wear them. If all that garbage from your crystalline lens, it will not hel, so don’t try.

My axis is 180. Also confirmed with mirror shadow, DV is perfectly vertical. But as I see distance objects without any correction, they double more vertically, and also slightly horizontally. In other words, my double vision is rhombic.

Which axis is clear? If two axes perpendicular to each other are blurry, you’ve not found your axis.

1 Like

I have regular 180 astigmatism both eyes.
In top of it, I have rhombic astigmatism.

See, my less myopic R axis is 180, L 175. Most myopic R 90, L about 85.
But when out of focus I have double vision no matter in what axis.