I think i might be colorblind

For the past month i have been going on and off colorblind.Sometimes my right eye goes colorblind and sometimes the left.It would be colorblind for 2-20 minutes and it looks like im looking through brown sunglasses.This happens maybe once or twice every two weeks.

How do i fix this?

It seems to happen everytime i do distance vision.

These are questions for your opthalmologist

2 Likes

Go see a doctor.

1 Like

That really doesn’t sound like something you want the internet people to diagnose for you. Go get it checked

1 Like

From the internet:
There is a condition called transient achromatopsia that causes a temporary loss of color vision. It is caused by a temporary shortage of blood supply to the brain. It should be considered as possibly serious and you should seek medical care from your ophthalmologist, neurologist or nearby emergency room.

As said, it could possibly be serious, which also implies that it could be not serious at all. But it is not something that you should ignore or try to fix yourself.

1 Like

I’m classified as red-green color blind. It has very little effect on my functioning and was not even discovered till an optometrist cited it in my adolescence. Its degree is also partly governed by the quality of light. The only relevance that it has to my myopia is that certain color combinations in signs are difficult for me to read so that it emulates myopia somewhat, but it’s really just a color issue.

Go get it checked.
because it might be very serious.

1 Like

Intermittent color blindness or sudden onset color blindness is much more concerning than lifetime color blindness.

1 Like

I really didn’t want to tell anyone in my family about this so i never went and it doesn’t seem very harmless.I think Ursa is somewhat right but i think it is bloodflow to the eyes When I try doing distance vision with one eye or with lots of pressure but it doesn’t really disturb my vision it just makes me not see green and yellow and blue and white is red and things look darker.
I don’t know what my Dad will think maybe he will think I am just going crazy because he doesn’t know what it is like to have vision problems since he always had perfect vision and when he heard the optometrist lie about my eyes worsening until 20 he was conufsed and eventually they didn’t want to explain it to him better and said that they were closing.My Mom doesn’t know either she was scammed glasses once but she lost them and figured out she was fine and she was able to pass the DMV test so she obviously can’t relate, How should I explain it to them?

I can see that it might be difficult to explain to your parents, but I still think this is alarming enough to warrant a visit to an eye doctor, an ophthalmologist and not an optometrist. You could even go to a regular doctor, explain what you experience, and you wil probably be referred to an eye doctor. This might help your parents to take it seriously. It doesn’t sound at all like normal colour blindness, which you would have experienced from birth and which you would have noticed much sooner.

You have not said how old you are, but as you are concerned about your parents, I assume you are not yet of an age where you can just go to an eye doctor on your own. I don’t want to pry into your affairs, but as you are asking for help here, it might be useful to give a bit more information on your age and dependence on your parents.

I would certainly suggest you do not do EM pracitces that might cause you eyestrain until you have found out what is wrong.

2 Likes

i am 14…alright i will try to tell them

1 Like

Good luck. :grinning: I hope they react well.

He thinks that i am just trying to stress my mom so it was a no.

Sorry to hear that. I guess you have no choice but to try to manage without diffs, as suggested above.

1 Like

If your folks won’t listen, next time you see a doctor for another reason you should mention it. You get annual wellness exams?

1 Like

Sure I will tell them even though it’s all the way in august

If you can’t find another way to see a doctor, what else can you do?

In the meantime, work very hard on reducing your bad vision habits. Just avoiding deterioration in myopia is already a big win, especially at your age. You have plenty of years ahead of you as an adult to make your own decisions about your eyes.

2 Likes