Is this ‘lightly’ squinting or is this active focus?

I’m trying to improve my eyesight using active focus. I’ve ordered differentials but they have two weeks before they arrive. Right now I’m just trying print pushing. I can clear up the text by marginally lower my eyelids, but not squinting. It makes it look like I have a disinterested look on my face. Since I’ve heard active focus is relaxing eyes, I think it could be active focus? Do any of you active focusers marginally lower your eyelids and clear up the text? Someone said yawning then looking helps with active focus, and that’s what happens when I yawn and look. Does what I do just count as a form of squinting and not active focus?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum

I didn’t. I used to back away very very marginally from the printed text and then blink lightly. Check to see if you are tensing your brows, when you lower your eyelids. That could give you a hint if you’re squinting.

1 Like

I do this as well. In my case I think it’s more of a stern look (instead of a disinterested one). Honestly I’m still not sure I’m doing active focus correctly :man_shrugging:t2:, since there are so many different descriptions out there that are all quite subjective. I think the one thing they all have in common is that something that was blurry, suddenly becomes clear(er) when you do active focus. Well that certainly happens in my case. And I’ve made pretty good progress so far, so I guess I must be doing something right… :grin:

1 Like

It sounds OK to me. You might take a handheld mirror and hold it the same distance away as the text you’re print pushing and just look at your face to see what you’re doing. Squinting is pretty distinct in my mind from a disinterested look.