Is transient astigmatism real astigmatism?

Many years ago, I got transient astigmatism, but reduced more anyway, and then fell into the blur adaptation trap, and took a long time to escape that rabbit hole. Now, it feels like it became just regular astigmatism that I have to clear.

In this video, Jake says that you don’t have astigmatism if you experience astigmatism-like symptoms during a spherical reduction:

If I look at an LED monocularly, it feels like the astigmatism is on different axes, maybe high order aberrations that can mostly be covered by one cylinder. Of course, regardless of whether transient astigmatism is “real astigmatism” or not, the general rule not to add cylinder correction for transient astigmatism applies, since it’s just a transition between two spherical states.

I believe that between spherical reductions, there is temporary astigmatism while the eyes adapts unevenly on different axes, but the astigmatism is otherwise indistinguishable from regular “real” astigmatism that was lens-induced by cylinders. Is this correct, or is transient astigmatism different from lens-induced astigmatism for other reasons?