Jake, we need to talk

@jakey

There’s something we have been meaning to say to you.

And make sure not to miss part 2!

29 Likes

Yeah! Plz bro, click all the way through. :smiley:

10 Likes

Thanks Jake, for sending me down the most awesome rabbit hole and putting me on the path to ridding a condition I can’t stand.

7 Likes

Deja vu…

7 Likes

@NottNott You’re in part 2 https://youtu.be/xTRmI0Dt2CE

6 Likes

I’m … speechless.

Really don’t any words for this.

This really means a lot.

(at some point when I get my composure back … maybe more comment)

19 Likes

Unfortunately, the edge of one of the videos got cut off somewhere along the way. Isn’t such a problem, but it means you missed the quotation @Jeanna selected. So here it is:

See what she did there? Gratitude and vision in the same quotation. Heh heh :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Jake,

I wasn’t able to participate, but I want to add my appreciation and love for you and your work on Endmyopia. I am getting huge gains at the moment, and the joy that comes with knowing that I one day will be able to function without glasses at all is ONLY because you put the effort in to gathering and putting this information out “in the wild.”

Thank you. I can’t say it any more plainly or strongly. Know that for every doubter (and thank you!) you receive there are probably hundreds who should also thank you for your efforts.

Keep up the good work.

Kent

16 Likes

Thank you guys for organising this and doing all the work!

You can be proud of yourselves, you made jake speechless :no_mouth::kissing_heart::joy::+1:t2::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

And I thought I was being stupid :joy:

9 Likes

Yeah idk what happened there it played fine, pre-upload… :confused:

2 Likes

Really great work everyone! So glad you put this together. @gemilymez, I like the beard!

7 Likes

That one takes the cake, right?!:joy:

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell her it’s not the look for her.

8 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Give it a few days. :wink:Sometimes, you just need to listen to a new song :notes: multiple times and you go from i hate it to I love it! :two_hearts:!

5 Likes

Exactly. It’ll grow on you! Er… me. Um.
I thought it really suited me, actually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bearded_person:

7 Likes

You all made a great video…
Endmyopia not just about changing eyesight. About changing lives.

For many of us @jakey you have brought back our childhood. Restoring sight that we missed for many many years and that is priceless. It is a shame that others who like to just wear glasses don’t get to experience that reversal of optometrists. They just dont know what they are missing out on. Heck I was even liking my job more knowing I would be working outside! And you are saving many youngster from the life long glasses.

Thank You Jake!

13 Likes

Thank you all! This is such a great supportive community! It warms my heart to be encouraged by everyone and know that there is hope after all, that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Is Jake reunited with family yet? If not, we all pray for you to be with your family soon!

9 Likes

Whoops, late to the party! Hadn’t checked the forum for a while.

When I started this journey, it felt like marching through a desert. All the other sources on the how and why of myopia were inactive, had gone off the deep end, or dismissed improvement as a pipe dream. Without this place, I might have started believing the mainstream’s gaslighting and given up early.

Thank you @jakey! For keeping the flame alight long after your personal myopia is gone. For sharing your experience. For reminding the world to keep an open mind. And for creating this crazy kittenball of a community!

14 Likes

I’m still and possibly might just stay at a bit of a loss for words.

Definitely though this has done a lot to renew my faith and ambition to keep working on things. Also much better attitude while reading through my e-mail and Facebook. Especially lately been a bit burned out, not having seen family in going on 7 months and various little setbacks. This really made a huge difference to my state of mind.

I really appreciate all of you from the most bottomest of my tiny little heart, and you’re doing almost all the bits to keep this thing going!

24 Likes