Kids Explain Life Before the Internet: Loads of top-notch - screen-free activity ideas right here

In case you needed some inspo. Pretty sure this will help.

8 Likes

STILL laughing!! :joy:

3 Likes

That little girl, “A cardboard box”…nearly peed myself. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sounds pretty accurate. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The kid talking about focus has mad insight innit? :grin: “would you rather have fun or be focused?” :grin: but he has a good point for a young kid about people being more focussed before the Internet. I like how before Internet is like back then and it all gets washed together into the time with no TV and no electronics haha

5 Likes

Brilliant :laughing:

I count myself lucky to remember life before the internet and feel sorry for kids who have no reference point of what it’s like to fill your time in other ways. Also, it jumped out at me that quite a few of the kids are wearing glasses…

4 Likes

Same and same.
My own kids barely used the internet before this year with remote schooling. I raise my kiddos like we are living in a 90’s time bubble. They are currently roller blading. They are so used to entertaining themselves without screen that we frequently go several days in a row without even turning on the TV. But that’s not the experience of their peers…

8 Likes

Good job…

2 Likes

Fantastic to hear that, and it must be tricky in this age of remote-everything. They’ll thank you for it, I’m sure!

2 Likes

When they compare stories with their classmates about how they spend weekends and breaks, my daughter especially can’t figure out why all her peers don’t do more stuff. They both have a so many other things they rather do than own a game console, they prefer 3D to 2D . The one console we have (Wii) gets powered up around 6-8 times a year :joy: Books are the weakness here, but we have been balancing that out much better since finding EM.

4 Likes

If this link works (copied from Instagram) then there is a great bit when a 4 year old starts talking about retinal detachment. Amazing.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CObNQdkA8rR/?igshid=xhpvpygp9c6t

3 Likes