๐ŸŽ™ Louise: Fixed Bad Eyesight After LASIK

Great chat:

Still working on the podcast-ification of these. Hired a podcast engineer, but now Iโ€™ve got eight million new pieces of homework. Recording podcast intro, stuff, other stuff. Eventually! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think thatโ€™s Louise from the Facebook group. Great interview, itโ€™s great to get the know the stories behind the personalities!

Kent

We both marveled at our own cringe afterwards. The more of this goes on, the more I wonder how much of a giant narcissist one has to be to just make Youtube videos for fun and actually enjoy looking at oneโ€™s own face on camera.

VLOGGING, BRO!

1 Like

You donโ€™t have to be a giant narcissist. Narcissism and self-confidence are not the same thing. Being a teacher and even more being a lecturer in a fairly big lecture hall gets you well on the way there, as of course would being an actor. I have only made very short YouTube videos for the online courses in education I have done, and apart from being reminded of my white hair and wrinkles, these were not very cringe-inducing.
You are overplaying your introversion, Jake, and it does not become you. :wink:

Hm yea thatโ€™s definitely not the case. Why would I want to โ€œoverplayโ€ feeling an almost debilitating amount of regular angst about having to talk to people? :thinking:

1 Like

Of course only you know how much anxiety you feel when you have to talk to people you do not know, but I am not sure if that is the same thing as introversion. Your stories of your adventures might indicate otherwise. I have seen nothing cringe-worthy in your talks with people, and I have appreciated them all.

1 Like

You do it well. Itโ€™s not a natural skill for anyone, but youโ€™ve developed a high level of ability.

Itโ€™s a tool for service, and youโ€™re doing a great thing!

Kent

2 Likes