๐Ÿ“ฒ Meow-sure Your Distance! We Are In The App Store ๐ŸŽ‰

Iโ€™m glad thereโ€™s finally a happy ending with the app! Seemed like a constant battle against the apple overlords. Looking forward to seeing how you sneak in additional features.

2 Likes

(reposting from FB)
Tried it yesterday! Cool!

The only thing for now in terms of feedback, when you view the log, the โ€œrightโ€ or โ€œleftโ€ text is black on black so you donโ€™t see it unless you click each result individually. So at first I didnโ€™t think it showed which eye it was.

Also, I was expecting a word like โ€œfocusโ€ to be in the center to look at for the blur, but I just used the text above and below the camera image.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this app. Even without all the original stuff you wanted in it, easily tracking cms is nice! Iโ€™ve been on a lull with my improvements lately, so this will actually make my life a wee bit easier as I push to get back to gains.

Congrats on getting it approved!

1 Like

The green and red text to focus on like in Varakariโ€™s app would probably be good to keep in line with what optoโ€™s use to set up the last 0.25 D of your prescription

1 Like

I found that I cannot sign up from China :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok Iโ€™m a big dumb head. Downloaded on iPad but only get 0cm no matter how far I move it?

it means your ipad donโ€™t have a front camera that equipped with depth sensor. I think this app need to remind user the list of supported devices

thanks - i loaded it on my daughters iPhone and now I can see it but still confused how to use it. Are there instructions for us? SOrry to ask so many questions but eager to use this for me & my daughter

1 Like

Once youโ€™ve made an account and logged in, you should hold the phone out in front of you. With the naked eye, move the phone back until it begins to get blurry. Once youโ€™ve found the edge between perfect clarity and the beginnings of blur, press the SAVE DISTANCE button. You can then select the conditions that you took the measurement (time of day and light quality). Once youโ€™ve selected the appropriate options, you can click Store Result to save the measurement. To view all previous measurements, you can click View Log at the bottom right. There should now be a new entry in your log, that contains your distance to blur for your left eye, your right eye, and the date and time. The log is ordered from newest to oldest, so as you make new measurements, they will appear at the very top of the log.

3 Likes

Doesnโ€™t work on iPad or iPhones older than X. Need to add that constraint to the app store visibility.

Will fix the login thing, should be able to measure without an account.

1 Like

Congratu-freaking-lations, Jake!!! This is most excellent news!!! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Yay! :heart:

Only took five months and three developers. :grimacing::+1:t2:

4 Likes

And one very determined eye guru.

3 Likes

Pretty cool :slight_smile: A suggestion, give us a test pattern near the camera we can stare at for quality judgement. That can help with getting good measurements :). Also an astigmatism wheel with the ability to mark two distances would be useful in measuring oneโ€™s astigmatism.

2 Likes

Oh if a test pattern is provided, it would be nice if we could test with white, green, red (and why not blue :slight_smile: ) backgrounds. Under advanced maybe for the colors, but Iโ€™d love to be able to test chromatic differences in my vision distances :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For some reason the app no longer works for me. All I get is zeros for distance. Is that expected? My phone did fall recently, maybe that broke something?

1 Like

hello
First, SO COOOL ! I Bravo !
second, i downloaded it :slight_smile:
Third, iuse an iPhone 11 Pro, and when i try to et mesure, it allways show 0.00,
and it actuelly save the 0.00cm. So, is this a bug, or do i have to do something to get it work ?
Kind regards,

OH, and i can manually modify the text on the Contact us screenโ€ฆ hahaha

Itโ€™s currently broken. Fixed soon.

1.2 is out. Fixed, should be all good.

Hello
Its cool great idea :smile: we can measure our diopter through phone but one problem dont have ios. You dont have in android jake?