More eye floaters?

Ciao!
This is my first message ever… and I start with eye floaters!
It seems to me that they became much more since I started my vision improvement journey.
According to what I read about this topic eye floaters could be shut down by the brain (more or less), thus I wonder if working on AF and all new good vision habits are bringing eye floaters back “in front” of my eyes(!) or they are actually increasing.
Does anyone feel the same about eye floaters?
They really bother me sometimes while getting AF.
I just wish to thank so much Jake for all of this and all the guys that inspired me with video and info.
You all helped me to get to -2.25 from -3.00 both eyes in 2 months. I wear glasses for 34 years and now I cry for joy when sometimes I clearly see the world without glasses!
Ciao.
Michele

3 Likes

For me, I don’t think I have more floaters but I do notice them more. They do get in the way many times when I’m trying to do active focus. Sometimes when I’m trying to do AF, I’ll do a kind-of swirl with my eye that’ll spin the floaters out of the central vision for a few seconds. They always come back but those couple seconds will let me practice AF and see how clear my focus can get.

2 Likes

you are definitely not alone I also noticed more floaters since I started doing active Focus and have spoken to at least two other people on here who have experienced the same thing

I have just posted my remarks about floaters on another thread by NottNott, who is having the same issue with floaters. It is post 322 on a long thread. Sorry, have forgotten how to insert a link to my post.

2 Likes

Just to help @Ursa out, since I’ve just accidentally read her post, here it is: NottNott Fixes His Eyesight From -5 (video log!)

3 Likes

I’m pretty convinced based on my own experience and that of those on here that something about using the ciliary muscle or other eye muscle in a new way triggers the release of some material in the eye which results in more floaters. It is not a coincidence, as far as I’m concerned. Of course, with more focussing ability one also notices existing floaters more.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have managed to do so once, but forgot to note down the procedure. I will find it again.

No procedure involved: just click the chain icon next to the heart icon below a post and copy/paste the link

Thanks, I had forgotten the copy/paste bit and was trying to drag and drop instead.

That’s exactly what I feel and think about it.
Now I wonder if they can be reduced somehow. Read a lot about this topic and maybe just ascetic way to eat is the only way that provide some proven result.
Hope to bring some good news about floaters reduction in near future.
Thank you all for your kind replies and link.

I’ve also had floaters for years, but didn’t notice an increase after starting EM. My floaters seem to dissolve to a large degree on extended fasts. Pretty sure I remember @Robohobo saying something similar. Made me wonder if the KetoAF people have a similar experience, but @Ursa is one and it seems she still has them. That n=1 perhaps rules out reduced insulin levels. Maybe it’s autophagy.

1 Like

Really? Fasting reduces floaters? Never heard that one before. Any explanation?

And how do you define fasting? Not eating for x hours per day, not eating for days ? Not eating certain things only?

1 Like

i dont know but it was same experience done within me in starting this journey ,but than i realised one thing
when i was 12 i noticed my eye floaters that time actually ,i went for my swimming classes for almost six months and i had played kabbadi matches in playground that time .now , begininng to this this journey i just increase my outside too much ,(for 3 hours) so i started notice my floaters again
maybe it is reason ,becoz in natural sunlight we actually notice so much clarity so again there is so much noticing of eyeball defects

1 Like

Maybe for you, but for me it was definitely some new floaters (100% sure)

Can’t make that claim with any certainty, this is just my experience. Haven’t looked for research and don’t know if any exists.

My standard fast is not purist. In the morning I drink a few espressos with a little heavy cream, and in the evening a cup of bone broth if my stomach is receptive, which it often isn’t. I very infrequently do water fasts but they are typically much shorter duration.

Fasting is pretty good for any kind of problem related to inflamatory state and help resetting the body. Eye floaters don’t relate to inflamation but fasting helps the body regeneration at all levels.
Long fasting period is to avoid in my opinion. Intermitting fasting is enough. Of course if you eat junk food… fasting is useless!
Hydration is fundamental that’s why I have a juice fast for a couple of days sometimes. Huge health benefit from it. As a sporty person I care about food and health. I’ll try 1 or 2 days juice fast soon, whenever I can manage it and I hope to have result concernig floaters (I haven’t done any fasting yet since I started my vision improvement journey)

By the way… fasting is no food at all. Just planty of water. Coffee (no sugar no milk) is fine in some fasting version!!
Juice fasting is different. You drink only juice you prepare from fresh fruits and veg and water. Really purifing and can be done for several days, but I’m not a fan of long period fasting anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve had floaters my entire life, including before myopia.

They’ve never caused a problem, they just disappear from my field of view when i’m not thinking about them. They are exacerbated by things like looking at clouds (which I’m doing more of now that I’m getting more outdoor time and looking for distance vision).

Haven’t noticed more or less (not like I named them, though). Just think I’m more aware of them now.

2 Likes

I have certainly had no increase in floaters since starting EM and I am fairly sure that they have become smaller and fewer since going carnivore at the beginning of the year. But then, as I said, I normally do not notice them until I really look for them. They do not interfere with active focus.
@Lajos If there is a connection between fasting and reduction in floaters, it is probably flat-lined blood glucose levels, reduced insulin, or autophagy, and most likely a combination of the three. I no longer do multi-day fasts, but eat only two meals a day in a 6-7 hour window, which is probably not a long enough fast to induce much autophagy. Multi-day fasts are probably not a good idea at my age, but I have the first two benefits.
Full-blown diabetes can cause an increase in floaters and other retinopathies, and it is not unreasonable to think that the early stages, starting with insulin resistance which can be present long before any diagnosis of pre-diabetes, could also have an effect on the eyes, as it does on the ears with tinnitus. Here the link has been a little better established.

3 Likes

I was given -6 'ish glasses by opto and when I put them on saw so many floaters and wiggly things. Since Endmyopia, I never see floaters in my normalized. But there are days I need to put on my super powerful opto glasses - and I can see the floaters again. I have not been able to figure out if my normalised ( can see better than 20/40 on it) are reducing floaters or that I am not able to see them.

I have improved -0.75( since mid 2018) as per opto last month - so I think I am on the right track.

Coming back to floaters - since opto checked eye health, I am convinced nothing weird is going on. So I stopped worrying about this matter.

2 Likes

Yeah I mentioned them to an opthalmologist, they were not worried at all. I’m not worried, it just happened to me after straining at the start to get AF going and it’s annoying but it’s not a major problem

1 Like