Newbie Talk: RESPECT. THE. DIOPTERS

It’ll never end, darlings.

Newbies showing up and ignoring all the central tenants of the holy teachings of the divine beards and all the whiskers of the divine kittehz of the group. Newbies opting to do their own thing and then crying when it doesn’t work, asking for help and advice, while also actively ignoring everything we say.

I get it in e-mails at least several times a week, too.

At least being annoyed inspires an old Jake to make more videos. To paste as link to all the plzz-but-help-me-but-i-wont-listen.

14 Likes

Hahahah SO MUCH THIS!

When these threads appear, I have to close the tab quickly, before the urge to answer a one-liner like “I don’t even” or “How did you get here?” takes over.

4 Likes

And definitely don’t read YouTube comments. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Ha, at least we get another video with the bearded eye guru with more information on myopia. Can’t get better than this. I’ll keep this video as a reward for when I complete my homework!

1 Like

Hahaha :smile: Must be so frustrating sometimes!
I feel that some people are understanding the Endmyopia principles very superficially. They remain stuck on the concept of lens induced myopia, so they conclude that glasses are bad (sometimes helped by some Bates reading). They are also unpatient, they want a quick fix to get back to 20/20 almost instantly, so they throw away their “bad” glasses or make a huge reduction supposedly to go faster.
Could be worth to repeat somewhere in the blog that glasses are a tool in the improvement process and won’t harm if used correctly, that means used for the correct distance (e.g. no close-up work with normalized) and with active focus.

7 Likes