Optometrist update today

Hi all
Last went to the optometrist in March last year, -7.75 right and -7.25 left. Went in for a check up today and asked if they would be open to me ordering 2 pairs of computer glasses. Although she was very doubtful last time, she seemed very interested this time, asked more questions, and seemed really pleased with my progress. She measured me at -6.75 right and -6.50 left.
I’m wearing -5.75 equalised both sides and could read the pass line for driving so, she said she’d see me again in a year and wished me well. :partying_face: - and ordered the glasses :grin:

19 Likes

Great news, congratulations! You have obviously gained a supportive opto.

2 Likes

Awesome! :partying_face:

2 Likes

congrats! must feel really good.
I will continue to visit an opthalmologist for eye health checkups but I don’t think I will visit any optometrist for a good long time now even if I think I’ve improved. I think we can see whether we have improved, ourselves

3 Likes

I thought so too but I went because I have private health insurance (which went unused last year) and I promised her last year that I’d come back to tell her how it was going.
Also, I wanted a bench mark to see where my readings are compared with hers. It does explain why my normalised and differentials are closer than most people. It also means I’ve decided to wait a few more months than planned before I get my next pair of normalised - I do see 20/20 in good light but only 20/50ish indoors in a shady room. So all in all I think it served a good purpose

1 Like

Ah OK
But I think measuring in a shady room is not useful. Since where is the lower limit to the level of light then? Maybe measure in the evening but in good artificial light? But I’m also not planning to reduce my normalised until I can see 20/20 in the nighttime artificial light

1 Like

Yes, sort of sticking to the same kitchen for each measurement with fluorescent lighting. I’ll keep track and if I stagnate I’ll do a change

1 Like

Yay that’s super awesome. The progress and also the helpful optometrist! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Jake. Thank you, thank you thank you
Jenni

2 Likes

Well it sounds like the optometrist was open but skeptical maybe you have helped her be more open.

2 Likes

That’s great progress!

1 Like