Outdoor centimetres

Sir I mostly work in good sunny day outdoor , I observed that my centimetres is increased greatly during great sunny light but decreased at night in florocent light
So my question is that I switch to spectical accounting to my outdoor centimetres or I have to wait , because during night cms decreases

1 Like

That one. You should wait untill you can read the 20/20 on the Snellen chart indoors with artifical lighting.

2 Likes

You don’t have to do anything. It is general EM advice to do as Alex suggests, but if your outdoor cm measurements are a great deal better than indoors night time, you may want to reduce a little earlier. If you spend a lot of time outdoors in good light, it would be a pity not to make use of a little blur challenge there, which might not be the case if you are fully corrected in those conditions. You could also decide to have two pairs of norms, one for outside and one for night time inside, in case the increased blur inside at night bothers you. It also depends on your degree of myopia.

If you have a Snellen chart (you do need one) comparing what you can see on this outside in good daylight and inside at night, will give you some more indications of whether you can reduce or not. Cm measurements are not always enough.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot to help me
Also in Snellen chart I read 20/25 sharply during day but in indoor light in night exactly near to the florocent tubelight I required little time more to get at 20/20 read on Snellen

When checking Snellen you should not use AF. So you should just glance at the chart and check which line you can read at that instant. If you are staring at the Snellen and spending minutes to get AF work enough to read a line, that’s not a valid measurement.

3 Likes

Yes u r right

1 Like