Pls bro, give me the reps_OR_How often should my son active focus?

I understand that AF must be done throughout the day, as often as possible and whenever you see blur. That it becomes a habit and is an ongoing practice.

I am still asking this question though because I am trying to make sure my son is getting enough AF practice. I am not sure he will remain mindful enough throughout the day to notice blur and wait a moment to clear it up. There were some suggestions on making AF activity into a game and we have tried out a number of things, from looking at birds and kites, to using dart boards etc etc. I still want to know how I can be sure that what was done was enough.

1. Jake, in one of his replies on a thread (as part of a list of things to do for vision improvement) said one should practice AF three times a day. I assume this number is the bare minimum one should do.
  2. Many people on the forum have said they do not do constant and deliberate AF. Just an occasional clearing of blur.
  3. There is also such a thing as too much AF.

So is there even a broad quantification that looks like, say, ’ if during my one hour vision walk in bright sunlight, I am able to clear/improve some blur about 30-40 times, my walk is successful’ and may be i need 3 such walks in a day.

If I am reducing the axial elongation of my eyeball through repetition of AF activity, how many reps DO I need?

Pls bro, the reps?

May be i am likening it too much to weight training and Endmyopia does not see it as ‘training+rest/relaxation’ Happy to be corrected.

As I made a promise to David, in a moment of irritation, that I would no longer post anything on this topic, I will not do so until he releases me from this promise. What I will allow myself to say is that I have no idea.
:wink:

AF is not an exercises, there is no reason to treat it like that. You should simply strive for doing activities which promotes AF, so practically everything which needs distance vision. So there is no need for things such as:

’ if during my one hour vision walk in bright sunlight, I am able to clear/improve some blur about 30-40 times, my walk is successful’

All you need is enough distance time.

Honestly I don’t remember for such thing. What I remember is he saying you should have at least 3 hours of total distance vision per day (where everything counts which is not close-up, so commuting, cooking, etc. too).

Thanks for pointing that out.

Had recently read this. So I saw it as a round in the morning, one in afternoon and once again earle evening. The list also says giveaway smartphone and TV.

So the unit of measurement is time, not repetitions? But it is possible to spend 3 hours outside and not challenge the eyes, even if looking in a distance. Like an hour of football practice is an engaging, busy activity and you’ll probably not remember to AF during that time.

As I understand that list from @jakey is not the bare minimum, be the opposite: what you need to do for the fastest improvement possible. Which is simply undoable for most people. But I don’t know what he exactly mean by that “3x a day active focus regimen”, maybe he can elaborate :slight_smile:

I can guarantee you that during that 1 hour football practice you will use AF drastically more than if you just go for a walk for 1 hour and try to clear up things. You don’t need to be conscious about AF happening for improvement, it just has to happen.

4 Likes

Oh that’s very encouraging!
Right, so I’ll just concentrate on getting adequate time and won’t worry about checking if he’s doing AF through it.

Because, I am concerned that if i dont remind him regularly (which i cant if I am not hovering over him like a helicopter) he would not AF.

2 Likes

Madam :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I agree with @halmadavid
If it’s a game or sport that requires the eyes to move to different distances continuously (and the biggest distance is significantly more than the usual indoor distance) there’s no need to worry about AF. E.g. hit the ball, see where it lands, run for it. Or look at the ball, look at the goal, look around for other players. Or even playing “it” and chasing others around.
When walking it’s easy just to relax or just to watch your step, you need some consciousness to actually look at distant objects and signs. Even with bikes or kid’s scooters or rollerskates they may be staring in front of their feet at the same distance if it’s on a closed safe road (e.g. here they take the kids to do 10 rounds on the smooth obstacle-free running trail, the official oval one with 5 lanes) vs. city or mountain biking when one needs to measure distances, judge the speed of others, etc.

2 Likes

:hugs: :pray:

Thank you for making this clear. I somehow didn’t think about it, though now that you’ve pointed out, it makes perfect sense.

Another thought - It would be great to go to watch a sport! Like going to watch a 3 hour cricket match in a stadium would be AF gold isn’t it!

1 Like

If one likes cricket. It would put me to sleep. :crazy_face:

1 Like