📊 Poll: The capitalisation of 'EM' (endmyopia, Endmyopia, EnDmYoPiA...)

Vote on what you think the best capitalisation is.

• endmyopia
  • Endmyopia
  • EndMyopia
  • endMyopia
  • End Myopia

0 voters

I’m coming out with so many great threads recently :slight_smile:

The site has currently gone for a mix of endmyopia and Endmyopia if I’m not mistaken. I think small details like this matter more than people think.

Definitely hesitated about posting this because it’ll probably definitely come off as irrelevant. With that said, different capitalisations give off different impressions. ‘endmyopia’ sounds more like an Apple product, ‘endMyopia’ sounds like you’re doing something really technical (with programmer camelCase), EndMyopia seems rigid, strict like, Endmyopia is just normal and having two words make it sound like a call to action instead of a website. What’s the best capitalisation for the site? …just trying to justify this thread’s purpose… just vote and move on… :grimacing:

EDIT: How could I forget EnDmYoPiA? I can’t edit that onto the poll… the EnDmYoPiAnS will have to fight for dominance with replies then, sorry!

3 Likes

Capital letters are for proper nouns, and neither end nor myopia are proper nouns, so I favour endmyopia as writing it like this will result in a lot more people being attracted to the site, whereas writing it any other way will drive people away from it in droves.

1 Like

For titles, you should capitalize it. To me, EndMyopia seems correct for the purposes of the site.

1 Like

Good one! Luckily as usual I can’t offer any official guidance here.

I won’t bring this up to the lawyer either who is dealing with the official trademark application right now (he will probably either murder me, or just murder me with another giant bill if I bring up capitalizations). :smiley:

6 Likes

Surely the official guidance is implied through the use of ‘Endmyopia’ and ‘endmyopia’? On the website I counted 2 Endmyopias, 2 endmyopias, 2 ENDMYOPIAS. Courses page, one Endmyopia one endmyopia. Rough guide page: 14 endmyopias, one Endmyopia. Searching the YouTube channel, everything is Endmyopia, haven’t seen a single endmyopia yet. :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:.

I edited this together in 17 minutes and 51 seconds for fun:

3 Likes

At 18 votes, 7 votes for EndMyopia and 7 for Endmyopia. Only 2 for endmyopia. Market research…? :thinking:

1 Like

Way too much time on your hands? :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s not like I have exams around the corner or anything… oh wait :eyes:

2 Likes

I didn’t vote, because I miss the most logical one: I’d make the e and m bold

endmyopia
I think it won’t display here, let’s see…

1 Like

Oh, it did❣️

Doesn’t look good though

endMyopia

endmyopia

EndMyopia

end! Myopia! <- this one reads like end my opium now… :see_no_evil::joy:

Actually, now I think the one above isn’t that bad!

I think a lot of kittehs, including me, don’t see the meaning behind the words at first glance. Apart from English not Bein my first language - I’ve just never heard Myopie as it’s called in my own language ever before finding EM.
It just wasn’t a word to me. It was something I had to remember how to write if I told others about the homepage.
One day then, it did sink in :joy:

1 Like

Hi fellow Procrastination pro :joy::kissing_heart:

I found my favourite:
endMyopia!

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You’re like an insurance safety net for my wacky threads… there’s always someone to appreciate the irrelevant lunacy! :star_struck:

My next thread will be about guru smoking pipes, and which types will harness eye chakras to improve your vision faster.

2 Likes

Nothing like procrastination to make you super productive at everything else.

1 Like

A new noun - Endmyopia … easier to type quickly without having to press the Shift/Caps lock key :wink:

EM for shorthand or logo… but if you want to go for full expansion of acronym… End Myopia.

Either way domain names are generally lowercase…

Summary:
Full name: Endmyopia
Logo/Shorthand: EM

As a community we could call ourselves Endmyopians :laughing: :
:thinking:

2 Likes

On the road to Emmetropia!

1 Like

The Emmetropia Trail

1 Like

I’ll vote for something rebellious, how about a total name and franchise change:

Mendmyopia? We’re going to mend our myopia? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Or we could make it into a cult and call it Amendmyopia :rofl:

3 Likes

I thought it already was a cult.

4 Likes

On the emmetropic trail to the cult of AMendmyopia

2 Likes