Posture importance and further cause to minimize cell phone use

Someone shared this on Facebook the other day and I found it interesting as far as further encouragement to reallocate, as much as possible, our smart phone use back to computers (beside the reasons we already give/have). As well as further drive home the points about good ergonomic position and using correction appropriate to allow for it. Touch Your Eyes Behind Your Head to Clear Your Brain - Dr Alan Mandell, DC - YouTube
Point of clarity I am not advocating for exercises, just the main points about the physiological effects from poor posture.

1 Like

I’ve found stretching my neck (not this specific exercise) seemingly improves my vision a bit, most notable when looking at distant lights at night, I think I read before that poor neck posture leads to ciliary spasm and makes it happen more easily, it could explain why the hunched forward posture is common among people who develop myopia, tilted and imbalanced postures also result in astigmatism so maintaining good posture is really important.

As far as phone use goes I think everyone should get used to underusing them and effectively forget about browsing the internet on the phone and spending longer than 10-15 minutes at a time on it, I managed this quite easily as I was never really attached to my phone to begin with, but had a tendency to use it when bored, now I just replace that time with an opportunity to rest my eyes, whether by just closing them or looking in the distance for a few minutes.

1 Like