Quest to 20/20. Starting at -6.5, -1.25

Hi everyone. I originally learned about endmyopia in about October 2020 but didn’t start until January 2021. When my vision was tested in December 2020 it was sph -6.5/ cyd -1.25 both eyes. Been wearing glasses since I was about 7or 8. Currently wearing -4.75/-1.25 normalize after six months. Plan on trying to reduce cylinder now

Timeline
Dec 2020. -6.5, -1.25
June 2021. -4.75, -1.25
July 2021. -4.75, -0.75

1 Like

There seems to be a big mental component to astigmatism. Supposedly just relaxing for 20 minutes or so can reduce your cylinder measurements on an eye test.

Just like checking frequently on the snellen chart helps with myopia reduction, checking on your astigmatism frequently tends to help get rid of it. As it goes away you can get further away from the test image before it glitches out, and you can practice tilting your head a little bit and seeing if you can clear it up, and then move back a little further and try to clear it again.

I had good luck with this eye exercise. Back away from your screen until the line starts being blurry from astigmatism, then move a little closer, and try to follow the spiral with your eyes like a race car going around the track, keeping in mind that the line is the same all around the spiral.

2 Likes

Simple: Reduce on differentials first. A quick search should hopefully offer suggestions on more details. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds almost like me! (My prescription). Thanks for posting. Starting to reduce…now! (Actually still figuring out, reading and have a new (lower) powered differential ordered. Also wearing now my older prescription from 10 years ago. Thanks for the morale!

1 Like