Recommend Audiobooks & Podcasts

In an effort to spend less time in close-up while still getting all the brain tickling fun of learning from smart people, I’ve turned to Podcasts and audiobooks.

Bonus, you can do things like work out or commute while also feeding your brain.

This one was particularly inspiring, in case you’re looking for some new things for your ears rather than eyes to ingest: https://youtu.be/6G59zsjM2UI

(I use the iPhone podcast app which automatically downloads episodes and is awesome.)

Feel free to suggest your favorite audiobooks and casts of things!

4 Likes

Indeed! I often listen to your videos when doing my outside walks. :wink:
Also great: Language learning - listening to dialogues. Get some distance vision at the same time.

Just remebered: I found this one quite interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WkQjrzRjHE&t=301s
(Actually a Skype conversation with video, but I converted it to an audio file to listen to it)

Not sure if everything Todd says is correct, but it sure was interesting. This is about reducing myopia, intermittent fasting, cold showers and some other stuff.

1 Like

Yeah audio books are the way to go. Way easier on the eyes :slight_smile: I’ll always opt for the audio version when there is one and since I spend a lot of time commuting I go through them pretty fast.

Love podcasts as well and Joe Rogan is good. I totally agree with whoever it was that said you’d be a great guest on his show. I was also thinking the Tim Ferriss podcast would be a another good one. Thanks mko for the Todd Becker link. I remember he improved his vision using active focus although I think he calls it something else.

Since this post is about recommending audiobooks I have a good I recently listened to:

I’m not trying to turn anyone to vegetarian. I’m not one myself. It’s just a really interesting book and there’s one chapter I particularly liked about how to distinguish real science from all the bullshit studies that are out there.

2 Likes

Anyone into yoga here? I have been listening to a lot of talks on the online page of thepracticebali. First month is free and then you pay 10$/month which is ok if you’re into yoga and meditation…

If i had no children maybe i’d like to try, but at the moment i’m considering sending them to :joy:

Somebody posted Jake’s interview with Daniel Vitalis. (Can’t remember which thread it was on.) I really enjoyed it; I’d never heard of Daniel Vitalis before. Now I’m listening to some of the other “ReWild Yourself” episodes. Wow–such awesome, interesting stuff!

3 Likes

I have been an audio book junkie for at least 5 years. It seems like I have to force myself to sit and read a book these days. But an audio book is totally different. I listen while working around the house or driving. I have been a pretty big fan of Ryan Holliday lately and have enjoyed his books: The Obstacle is the Way and Ego is the Enemy. Mark Manson, too. His: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a #@% is great. Don’t let anyone who is offended by a certain word hear it, though! The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Teicholz. But that one makes me want to throw things. Non fiction is mostly what I listen to, although a little light fiction is a nice break every now and then. John Sanford’s Virgil Flowers series springs to mind. And if you have the interest, the Lord of the Rings series is good for a couple of months of listening pleasure for me. But I’m a girl and who knows what you will like yourself! :slight_smile: Also, I have learned how to get my phone and computer to read articles to me. It is a mechanical voice, but saves my eyes from staring at a screen for 10-15 minutes at a time! That is a really great option for me. Hope you can find something you enjoy!

4 Likes

Love this thread :blue_heart::sweat_drops: Used to love talk radio but became more contemplative n recent years, using commute time as prayer time appreciating silence in the morning. Everyone’s recommendations are perfect for lifestyle changes away from the screen. :hugs:

5 Likes

That was here:

Cheers Michael

2 Likes

Some podcast favorites, beside Rewild yourself, are Invisibilia, Move your DNA with Katy Bowman and Waking up with Sam Harris. Would love to discover more podcasts, keep em coming!

1 Like

For those on the “spiritual”/yoga path… try listening to the wise words of Sadhguru. I just listen to his talks on YouTube while I’m cooking, washing dishes, etc. All the joking about gurus aside, listening to Sadhguru and ultimately putting a lot of what he says into practice has changed my life. He isn’t telling you a bunch of arbitrary beliefs or anything. His wisdom is immense. Aaaah, you just have to listen for yourself.

2 Likes

I currently do the Yoga Teacher training, listened to the whole Bhagavad Gita, including comments while walking

1 Like

language learning
I have improved my German and French a lot this way, for example Slow German, Deutsche Welle has a lot of programmes, or just listening to the news, for French e.g. RFI

2 Likes

Interesting radio interview on overall wellness from a healthy gut …May 7, 2018

https://www.healingtheeye.com/healthy-gut-for-healthy-vision/

2 Likes

My recommendations for podcasts are:

Jordan B Peterson
Jocko Podcast

Be warned. These podcast discuss serious topics, Jocko especially. They will make you think and question.

2 Likes

Feel like we need an infiltration meow squad to social media poke those guys occasionally to check out endmyopia. Just so it creeps into their subconscious, to eventually burst out into full blown curiosity and a desire to talk about all our awesome bits.

3 Likes

The Minimalists.

4 Likes

Mostly for Spanish language there is Ivoox as a fantastic Android app with thousands of podcast sources of all imaginable fields and topics. Is there something similar for English language? I would be really interested.

Can we make a think out of nudging our favorite content resources about endmyopia? Not anything specific, just creating some background ripples, awareness that we’re out there. :wink:

1 Like