Should I exchange my first differentials?

Hi all!
I’ve read a lot of blogs and forum and got started with endmyopia journey today.
My current corrections are : R : -7/-1, L : -8.5/-1.5
I can see 20/20 with both eyes but little better with right eye ( It is also the dominant eye)
I bought online these differentials : R : -6/-1, L : -7.5/-1.25
I wanted to see around 70cm with them, but current distances are R-80cm and L-65cm
I can exchange my glasses to get new ones for free within 14 days
Do you guys suggest any change?
Thanks
By the way eyes feels more relaxed and less strained with diffs!

2 Likes

Only you can decide.

It’s quite possible that you are in ciliary-spasm, which means your eyes could change quite quickly over the next few weeks. I think the goal of the first differentials is primarily to prevent further lens-induced myopia, rather than necessarily present blur challenge from the outset. (But I’m new here…)

Don’t forget to check out the new wiki if you haven’t already done so.

1 Like

If this is true then these are fine

Yeah I’ve checked it, thanks!

This is important. If you were having any stress in them, then exchanging them would be a good idea.

You seem to be within range of your goal, there is less than a quarter diopter difference between 70cm and your current distance to blur in differentials. You might not be happier with the result if you try to tinker with it.

2 Likes

Its interesting that you decided to drop 0.25 from cylinder corrections in your differentials.

1 Like

Yes, I did that only for left as I thought it would be fine for closeup. But regretting it now. I’m thinking of getting new diffs with 1.25 less than original and same cylinder power.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, but I’m not one the edge of blur in these. Not sure if this will help to release spasm. Will try new ones with 1.25 less than original and check how they feel.

I suppose that you should exchange your first differentials

1 Like