Simplified Steps Flyer

Hi everyone. I created this simplified steps flyer and I want to know what people think. What am I missing, what is inaccurate, what should I change? I am a simplifier by nature, while I know some on here are the opposite. I’m constantly just looking for the simplest and most direct way to the info I need to get stuff done. Anyway, I thought at the very least it could provide newbies with some of the basics search terms to get them looking in the right direction. @jakey What do you think? To much info up front? It seems that is not normally your style. Endmyopia steps simplified

29 Likes

Yea, grammar has always been my downfall. :wink:

ok, I think I fixed it… :slight_smile:
That is why I put it on here before I shared it with my friends and family. :wink:
You can not be taken seriously with mistakes in your grammar, everyone knows that.

oh OK if you’re fixing it then add the apostrophe to Jake’s youtube channel :slight_smile: and double n else Coco Chanel will sue you :smiley:

Alright, but any comments on the actual content of the flyer. Other than the grammar. :grinning:

The content seems fine, no comments after a quick review. I mean you could add some things but there’s always more to add

I quite like the flyer, I really like the three main parts: reduced lenses, active focus and better habits - that’s pretty much everything about EM and I don’t think there’s a fourth section really (eye guru jokes?)

Of course there’s more detail in the blog that a newbie would have to read, BUT a handy flyer like this would have been great when first starting out to get the gist of what to do. @jakey thinks putting everything into one handy document makes people lazy and ask basic questions. If you have to search for the information in the jungle of the blog then it builds up more interest and anticipation in the material you’re understanding. I’m in the camp where I want to improve my eyes so damn badly I’d have been fully on board with a single pdf or a blog jungle, whereas other people might be a little bit more lazy. But if you’re lazy then EM isn’t going to work in the first place is it? It’s a big investment. I have told many people about EM, and not a single person has lept out of their seat racing toward it like I did. Is EM grown through making sure the people who really want to know about it, know about it, or is it grown by somehow convincing people who don’t care that much to try it, possibly by making things more easily displayed?

No idea what I’ve written above :grin:

2 Likes

I think the flyer is great, potentially short enough to translate into many languages (perhaps reducing the basic questions that might clog the system).

3 Likes

@Ursa @Lajos Thank you both for your grammatical error tips. I appreciate them. I will finish updating the flyer later today. If you see any more in the flyer please feel free to let me know.

On a different note I ask that we please drop the grammar debates on this thread so as to get more feedback on the actual flyer. :slight_smile: I appreciate both of your corrections as collaboration is often the combined efforts of the community’s strengths. Grammar and it’s rules have always been my weakness, not because I’m dyslexic, but because I didn’t really care or pay attention to it in school. Obviously you both cared and still do and so for that I’m so glad you were both willing to share your strengths with me. You’re both the best!

1 Like

@NottNott Thank you!!! I know he has said in many places he doesn’t like to offer steps. That’s why I put it here instead of facebook. Hopefully he’ll pipe in with opinion. My current goal is to offer help to any of my friends and family who may be interested casually but would do the program if I held their hands a little bit. I think if people knew how easy it is to fix their eyes then more people would do it. I mean, to me it was a question of live with a little blur for a few years or a lot of blur for the rest of my life. The option to try was simple.

Anyway, I was also highly skeptic in the beginning and not really interested in spending a ton of time researching something that everyone told me my whole life wasn’t possible. So I did the basics only, and wished now I had a simplified starting point that helped me prove it worked quickly enough that I got more excited about it earlier. If this were the case I might be at 20/20 already in stead of waisting so much time just “experimenting with the concept.” I’m not sure that makes much sense. But as it’s Jakes website and content I would not put this in the facebook group without his go ahead. I will however share it with my friends because my main goal there is to convince them it’s simple enough to give it a try.

Plus I’m really curious if I’ve left anything out that I should have included.

1 Like

I think that having the simple flyer / outline is good.

If there’s two camps of people - those who really want to get EM and improve vision, and those who don’t want to put in the work, I don’t think that the flyer will stop those of us who are highly interested from taking the time to learn this stuff thoroughly. For those who don’t want to put in the work, I don’t think the flyer does any harm. It simplifies the initial conversation.

I’m with you that I’ve yet to have anyone jump to learn about EM. I don’t get it because I know that I would have immediately been all ears if anyone had ever told me about it. Just how it…

4 Likes

[…] Allows you to see 20/30 outside, and is reduced 0.25 diopters from your original glasses
Differential glasses: […] Reduced about 1.5 from your original glasses.
I think you dropped parentheses at the end of the differentials part.

According to this blog post you stop wearing differentials at the -2 mark instead of -2.5.

I think the heading titles should be 1) Reduced lenses 2) Active focus 3) Better eye habits instead of what they are already :grin:

1 Like

@NottNott thank you so much for your inputs. I really appreciate them.

I had searched for at what diopters you drop differentials, having never worn them myself (I started around -2) I really didn’t know. I was more or less guessing. Glad I guessed close. I’ll edit that when I get a moment.

I like the suggestion for step one I considered a title similar. I went with that title mainly because I think it sounds more professional and I thought it would draw in more skeptics. Something about the word therapy jives with me.

Also, with the second title I’m not sure active focus works to clear double vision. That is why I separated that out how I did. Also that way when newbs get double vision they’ll know to look it up. That it’s part of the process, not a step backwards. Although I believe I recall a spot where it’s not as noticeable until you get too the low myopia stage, but since I started there there was a small moment of panic for me until I found the info about and Jake reassured me it was normal.

1 Like

I like the flyer too as not just for newbies wanting the steps but also as a reminder for people who have been doing this for a while to do a quick check every once and a while to see if they are still on track.

One thing I would do a little differently is list differentials before normalized since Jake suggests getting your differentials first to fix bad close up habits. How it is now, it looks like it is suggesting that they get normalized first.

Also maybe switch 2 & 3 for the same reason as above… it matches the idea of fixing close up habits first if the eye strain stuff is listed before the active focus stuff.

4 Likes

I agree that there are lots of people who would be interested in fixing myopia. It makes sense to have things simple and clear - perhaps with caveat that they will need to persevere, take time, perhaps troubleshoot particular problems, etc. so that they are not disappointed after the usual rapid initial improvement.

Easy??? Maybe easy to understand how but I wouldn’t call the years of concentrated hardcore active Focus and self-discipline to maintain good habits “easy”

1 Like

sorry, I should have said “relatively easy”. To me it is not that difficult to just look at things, and take off my glasses. It’s not like learning to rock climb, or climbing a mountain, or even taking care of 4 children. Really you change a few simple habits, blink at things to clear it up, and deal with a little bit of blur. Making the change might be a tad tricky, to get used to but it’s not “difficult”. And once it is habit it is in fact “easy”. You don’t have to buy expensive products, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to poke yourself in they eye or do anything that causes pain. maybe some fatigue in the eye’s.

2 Likes

I think this is great! I might entirely accidentally drop a print out in front of the chain optometrist store where the optometrist laughed at my plea of reducing my lenses. Again, totally accidentally.

But really though, I think that for those who don’t care, they will read it and ignore it, but for those who are truly seeking it, it will be really helpful to at least let them know there is a method out there that works. I would change “Lens reduction therapies” to “Lens reduction approach”.

I would also give it a title, so people know what the flyer is about and catch their attention.

2 Likes

I tell people I’m doing reduced lens therapy. It sounds more realistic or something than #endmyopia method.

If they ask questions, I tell them myopia is caused by hyperopic defocus and myopic defocus reverses it.

4 Likes

The latest updates:
Let me know what you think…
Endmyopia steps simplified

5 Likes