Starting an EM YouTube Channel (first video up!)

I love your video guides and the 90s…, But your “How NOT to Active Focus” video had quite a blur. Honestly it took me seconds to realise that it was the video and not my vision :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah… the light was not as great that day and the wind kept shaking everything! :joy: If I had filmed inside then I would have been in competition with the kids school stuff, so sometimes I can’t win :woman_shrugging: Sooo you are saying you would buy it if I told that story and played it up then?! :rofl:

Thank you it means a lot :blush: and me too! Alas the last great decade :sob: though the fashion was a bit hit and miss :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Excellent video, @Weeda ! I have added you to my “ALL EndMyopia Student Videos” playlist ( https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwZ22GCkeWqMd-s8AB9QNE1jJtstNxyNA ).

@Reannon - I also love the 90s. Maybe as your clarity improves, so will the clarity of the video images. Haha. Nah, but I do enjoy your wholistic 90s vibe that the camera adds to. That and the chokers. Love a good choker.

I won’t mention how much I have spent on equipment… I helped that I needed equipment during lockdown for my work, but… I have bought other fun bits and pieces. Like a gimbal for my phone, and now I am waiting for a gimbal for my actual camera to arrive… And I have my lav mic and my shotgun mic… I am having far too much fun with all the tech. Still a few things on my tech wish list though. Like a capture card so I can use my fancy camera as a webcam, and a ring light that isn’t from the cheap shop XD . I also had to get a pretty powerful gaming laptop to edit my videos now I have the fancy camera - the HD files were too heavy for my previous laptop, and even for the desktop my brother built me from spare parts. It is a rabbit hole, and one improvement can lead to the need for other upgrades… slippery, slippery slope. And then, at the end of the day, you can have all the equipment and have nothing to say… PUMP OUT MOAR CONTENT! (I mean, maybe not everyone deals with that, but I was working on my youtube channel before I found EM, so… I kind of have goals there. EM just collided with my hobby).

ANYWAY! Enough of my rambling. It is 1am. I have work tomorrow. #ThisIsNotHowToCareForYourEyes
Loved your video, @Weeda! I look forward to seeing more from you. Glad @NottNott convinced you to get on the Tube.

5 Likes

Jeez. Hopefully there’s a point you can’t keep up one day :relieved:

On the flipside, good equipment is an enabler. I was kind of always disappointed in the mics I’ve owned up to now (Rode VideoMicPro, Rode Lav Mic) on some level, I’m happy that I went for the endgame mic now (Neumann TLM 103). Unlike the other two mics you can really dive onto this one and start speaking like you’re an ASMR tuber, which can be really funny.

Got a CamLink too, because hooking up this mic needs more than a 3.5 jack now, so it’s all gonna synced up via OBS. Also a dummy battery so you can just plug in your camera and it works forever is nice. And a mic stand that clamps onto your desk. And an extension lead for the camera. And an audio interface for the mic. And a new USB hub, pop filter, headphonessssss

table drinking GIF by South Park

1 Like

I figure it is indeed, I’ll stay far from the edge on that one lol

Case and point anybody?!

True of me too, but my hobbies are outdoors and as a rule don’t include being on the side of the camera required for YouTube :joy:

Anyways… 100% agreed here sorry for the thread jack! :rofl: Tis what keeps a thread alive though :grin:

2 Likes

Posted 30 May 2019, my reasons have not changed… I’m still burning with indignation :thinking: :slightly_frowning_face:

The whole entire concept of myopia has to make you either laugh or cry, realistically.
Jake Steiner

1 Like

Totally fair! We have the same motivations I think, though you are certainly more financially committed than I am. I am in a different life stage than you are though, so that makes sense too.
As Jake often points out it isn’t about curing the whole world of myopia, it is about making sure people know there is a choice. Whatever they choose, they ought to know that there is a choice, that is the change we need to and hope to make. It is not fair that society badgers parents into making their kids wear glasses or else they are seen as negligent. And pushing them into getting them new ones every year or increasingly common every 6 months now, used to be every other year, no wonder the myopia pandemic is increasing :cry: People really need to know that there is a choice. The mainstream has nothing to fear from that, most people will still choose the quick fix, but they wouldn’t be liable in that case. I want to hope for a future where EM principles are shared by the eye care industry the same way as “eat right and exercise” is shared by the medical field. It should be no different, people on the whole don’t listen but that is their choice.

2 Likes

100%. I shouldn’t have to glance at reddit for a millisecond, click a link of many in that post, to click another link, to click another link, to click another link to find the solution. Thinking about how easy it would be to not find EM is one of the saddest things ever.
‘Our product will kill you’

Where’s ‘our product will kill your life’

1 Like

Ideas don’t get around as fast without somebody spreading the word. There’s nothing to be ashamed about when promoting things that work better or help people.

There you go.

2 Likes

My second video is up! Here I talked about good close-up habits. I didn’t go into too much detail about differentials and merely gave an introduction to them because I suppose it might be too overwhelming to fit all of that into one video, haha. But I had a lot of fun using some memes here! Hope you enjoy it!

9 Likes

I did enjoy it :smiley: I know @NottNott’s teeth were on edge everytime you said 20-20-20 we know he is such a big fan :joy: But you did promise less hate there NottNott.
So one point to take away is to not eat lunch directly prior to Bates swinging?! :rofl: And I laughed so hard at the eye exercise guy, I have seen his videos before! All seriousness though, these things can not be stressed enough and the more ways they are said the better I think. People somehow still keep missing the point… just this morning on the facebook group an individual asked (after already having differentials clearly outlined) why they couldn’t just active focus with one eye at a time without correction at -9, and -8 :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Or don’t do Bates’ swinging at all XD

2 Likes

It was an absolutely fantastic video! Keep up the good work :slight_smile: I really like the style and the humor :slight_smile:

This idea of creating a timelaps of yourself doing close-up is a really great idea! I will totally do it I’m curious how I look like :smiley:

4 Likes

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

1 Like

I’m planning to make shorter videos explaining smaller concepts relating to myopia and Endmyopia alike. I was planning to do it on a whiteboard like a teacher, but I don’t know how that will turn out XD.

So I stuck to my normal style. Perhaps I will experiment a bit more!

My goal is to explain these scientific concepts in a manner that is approachable and understandable to everyone without being too didactic/formal. Hopefully it works!

6 Likes

Great video :slight_smile:
Just one correction: no people born with 20/20 vision. All newborns are hyperopic or myopic, but their eye quickly adapt to 20/20 vision. Jake collected some sources here:
https://endmyopia.org/faq-items/is-infant-myopia-normal/

2 Likes

Oops! Thank you for pointing that out! I’ve written a correction in the description. :smiley:

1 Like

I thought it… I was gonna say it… I let it go lol

4 Likes

1 YEAR VISION IMPROVEMENT! I realised I’ve been talking about theory after theory and haven’t made a single video log about my own journey in Endmyopia. So here it is!

Also, am I really the only 18-year-old here? Curious to know!

7 Likes

Just got my delicious pair of new normalised lenses hehe. Here’s what I did! : D

7 Likes