Starting an EM YouTube Channel (first video up!)

100%. I shouldn’t have to glance at reddit for a millisecond, click a link of many in that post, to click another link, to click another link, to click another link to find the solution. Thinking about how easy it would be to not find EM is one of the saddest things ever.
‘Our product will kill you’

Where’s ‘our product will kill your life’

1 Like

Ideas don’t get around as fast without somebody spreading the word. There’s nothing to be ashamed about when promoting things that work better or help people.

There you go.

2 Likes

My second video is up! Here I talked about good close-up habits. I didn’t go into too much detail about differentials and merely gave an introduction to them because I suppose it might be too overwhelming to fit all of that into one video, haha. But I had a lot of fun using some memes here! Hope you enjoy it!

9 Likes

I did enjoy it :smiley: I know @NottNott’s teeth were on edge everytime you said 20-20-20 we know he is such a big fan :joy: But you did promise less hate there NottNott.
So one point to take away is to not eat lunch directly prior to Bates swinging?! :rofl: And I laughed so hard at the eye exercise guy, I have seen his videos before! All seriousness though, these things can not be stressed enough and the more ways they are said the better I think. People somehow still keep missing the point… just this morning on the facebook group an individual asked (after already having differentials clearly outlined) why they couldn’t just active focus with one eye at a time without correction at -9, and -8 :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Or don’t do Bates’ swinging at all XD

2 Likes

It was an absolutely fantastic video! Keep up the good work :slight_smile: I really like the style and the humor :slight_smile:

This idea of creating a timelaps of yourself doing close-up is a really great idea! I will totally do it I’m curious how I look like :smiley:

4 Likes

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

1 Like

I’m planning to make shorter videos explaining smaller concepts relating to myopia and Endmyopia alike. I was planning to do it on a whiteboard like a teacher, but I don’t know how that will turn out XD.

So I stuck to my normal style. Perhaps I will experiment a bit more!

My goal is to explain these scientific concepts in a manner that is approachable and understandable to everyone without being too didactic/formal. Hopefully it works!

6 Likes

Great video :slight_smile:
Just one correction: no people born with 20/20 vision. All newborns are hyperopic or myopic, but their eye quickly adapt to 20/20 vision. Jake collected some sources here:
https://endmyopia.org/faq-items/is-infant-myopia-normal/

2 Likes

Oops! Thank you for pointing that out! I’ve written a correction in the description. :smiley:

1 Like

I thought it… I was gonna say it… I let it go lol

4 Likes