👀 Stereograms To Improve Active Focus?

Here’s this post from the FB group today:

I’m always on the hunt for better way to facilitate active focus discovery.

Not qualifying this one other than … any experiences with this? What makes the premise interesting is that finding active focus, is asking your vision to perform differently than it usually does - without a reliable ‘trigger’ that would work for everyone. Stereogram, requiring looking at an image different to see what’s there.

Add to the list of experimental things to try. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I literally can’t ‘see’ them

1 Like

I’m very good at stereograms, and I found AF quite easily:)

I can’t say AF and stereograms are the same for me. Stereograms are more of a look through the image, vs AF which is intentionally looking at the item. Closer to being opposites. I had more trouble with AF than stereograms, for what it’s worth.

I said this in the other stereogram thread. But I’m pretty sure stereograms are fake news. I’ve never gotten one to work. And those “that have” are fake news

1 Like

when you look through the image, you kind of push your focal plain further than the image itself, and that effort is similar to what you do with your focus when you do AF, the blur is caused by the image further than your natural focal plain for distance vision, so to clear it, you need push your focal plain further by relax more of your ciliary muscle or other mysterious mechanism we still don’t understand within our eyes and visual cortex, does that make sense?

1 Like

well, this is Science, check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostereogram, I only learn to do it 14 years ago in college after I understand the principle behind it from an article, nobody explained it clearly in science terms before even they all claim they can see it when I was a little child.

but, people have rights not to believe anything. even Science:)

1 Like

My bad, didn’t see the other thread. Closing this one, the other is here: Survey on Active Focus and Magic Eye Puzzles

3 Likes