This is not active focus

This is not Active focus,

1. squinting to clear the text

2. hard blink to clear the text, ( I heard about some people get AF with hard blinking)

3. open yours eyes widely or bigger to get clearness

Sign of AF

1. clear flash
  2. come clearrity

Share your experiences, about it

3 Likes

I think active focus is just ‘‘seeing’’ a little blur. If it’s not like that why do some people not have myopia even though they don’t know what active focus is

1 Like

Active focus is clearing the blur. Emmetrope people do active focus, they are just not aware of that they are doing it, because it’s natural to them. The problem is because myopes are corrected to 20/20 in every condition there is no need to use this natural mechanism, so they sort of forget it.

2 Likes

That threw me a bit… surely myopes also automatically clear blur for objects between near and far points. That’s not AF. Emmetropes have a far point out at infinity, and so they just clear it automatically for all distances. If AF is clearing blur beyond the far point, then it simply doesn’t apply to emmetropes …?

There are some studies which proved that the relaxed state of the ciliary muscle is not 0 diopter (it was linked in some of the theories topics :slight_smile: ). When you move it beyond the relaxed state, that’s AF.

1 Like

That’s not really the bit I’m questioning… you seem to be asserting that there is some difference between emmetrope and myope other than just the length of eyeball (relative to focusing power). That somehow emmetropes automatically do AF to resolve blur in the vicinity of the far point, whereas myopes don’t.

1 Like

I’ve wanted to argue with this in my previous comment. I think you are not emmetrope because you are automatically see clearly in infinity. If it would be true then the relaxed state of the eye would be 0 diopter. I think emmetropes see clearly in infinity, because they can push their clear blubble back to infinity with AF.
Also there is no absolute “clear vision to infinity”. There is clear vision to infinity in certain light conditions. Even if I’m mistaken, and usually emmetropes don’t use AF to see 20/20 at infinity in regular condition, they should not see 20/20 in worse light. But they can do. That’s AF.

Also I think it’s obvious that when you are corrected to infinity in artificial lighting, there is no need to AF at all. So why people have problem with finding AF? Because they do not used to use it. It’s like walking again after lying in bed for a long time. Or in other words:

Neo:
Why do my eyes hurt?
Jake:
You’ve never used them before.

:smiley:

1 Like

The eye as a whole has a relaxed state of the order of 40 dpt, but you knew that. The question is how much of that is contributed by the lens. I tend to just use a simplified model where I define that to be zero. I am then happy for it to go negative if AF is making it relatively weaker.

I was under the impression that the typical person can see 20/15 or so. 20/20 was defined as the minimum that all typical people can see. But anyway, this is mixing up acuity with focusing.

Talking about infinity is of course a bit sloppy. There aren’t really any hard edges on the moon for example, so I guess you don’t really need very precise focus when looking there. I wonder if anyone is really emmetropic : I guess that unless you frequently look at the stars at night and endeavour to bring them into sharp focus, you probably would be just a tiny tiny tiny bit short-sighted.

• actually, stars might not be relevant anyway… cones require relatively high levels of light, so night vision might be operating on rods only, and they’re not concentrated in the macula anyway. I guess a plane in the sky is probably a suitable sharp edge that’s a very long way away.

20/20 was determined by gathering a group of people, measured the eye sight of all of them. And among them 20/20 was the best. Later they realized that some people see better though :slight_smile: But the numbers stayed. So 20/20 is closer to average than to minimum.

Eye strain symptoms above
My question , I Heard and read that, while you are doing AF practice. You need to hold cleanness so that you delay your blinking long clearness will give you long clarity .
It causes of watery eyes and other problems like pain and tired eyes

I experienced it while patching distance vision af

my eyes, watery . With watery eyes , I got more clearness.

Now my question here , watery eyes is symptoms of eye strain . We should avoid eye strain?. But we also need to hold clearness by delaying blink

There is no need to hold the clearness beyond what is comfortable. And you can blink freely. At least in the Endmyopia. Sniper stare (looking for long time without blinking) is a thing, but that’s a special method for special cases, and not for the regular AF.

1 Like

You don’t need to glance or star text for few second ?
Just normal blinking will give AF .

Why?

1 Like

I believe the tear file is a necessary part of the refraction system. It provides a smooth optical entry point.

1 Like

What my approach for AF with diff and norms outdoor and indoor

1. normal blinking at edge of blurr
  2. blink and star
  3. hard blink and star
    4)moving forward where text full clear and closed eyes move back little where text blurr and opened eyes.
    Is that practice what we need for AF?
  4. closed eyes and imagine clear text then opened widely eyes
  5. 5 seconds at edge of burr if I get some clarity then 5 seconds look around then back to Snellen again get clarity
1 Like

It’s about a month I able to turn 20/25 whenever I sit in front my eye chart. It’s took me 30 seconds to 1 mints to activate AF. I am focusing on 20/30 to see it without AF . I am hoping in next month I am able to see it without AF.
Any tips to get constant 20/30

1 Like